67flh

Total Newbie, Iowa

It has been over 40 years since I did any leather working. An all I did back then was a simple belts with a simple design I was in the army in Korea at the time. I am now 63 years old and have decided that I wish to make a holster and belt for a single action army colt revolver. I am in total awe of some of the work that the members of this site have done and you all give me much inspiration. I have placed an order for a pattern and have gotten a piece of 8 oz. vegetable dyed leather 2' by 2'. I've also constructed a stitching pony and ordered a minimum amount of leather working tools in order to start my project. I look forward to becoming a regular visitor to this forum. 

Welcome to the forum!
You will find A LOT of information in the forums about nearly everything leather-related, so learning how to search the forms will help you access a virtual encyclopedia of leather working. 
And for what you can't find in previous posted topics, you will find a lot of experienced people who are willing to help out. 

Are you going to do any tooling on that holster?

20 minutes ago, DJole said:

Welcome to the forum!
You will find A LOT of information in the forums about nearly everything leather-related, so learning how to search the forms will help you access a virtual encyclopedia of leather working. 
And for what you can't find in previous posted topics, you will find a lot of experienced people who are willing to help out. 

Are you going to do any tooling on that holster?

Thank you, if I do any tooling it will be a very simple design. I know that there is a lot of info on this site and that finding what I am looking for  will be an education in and of itself.

Recommend you start by searching YouTube for "Making a Western Gun Holster". Watch all of the videos that look applicable.

Come back here and ask questions!

nick

Edited by wizard of tragacanth