Sign in to follow this  
klutes

Weaver Leather Products

A big round of applause to Weaver Leather. I ran out of #14 copper rivets and needed some to finish up some Christmas items. I ordered at 10:00AM Friday. Received them the next day by 2:00pm. Was not a rush order either. I have received items a lot from them by the next day. Not every time but quite often. They are my go to supplier for most of my supplies. Thank you Weaver for great service.

Glad you are pleased with them.  I have come to the conclusion that the employees who are picking hides to ship:  1) have no idea what defines a "clean" hide, and: 2) are clueless as to the prerequisites for a hide from which one wishes to cut long straps.  And yes, I DID clearly state my needs at the time of order, and also stated if it wasn't as I described they'd be getting it back.  Given that it took 2-3 days longer to get here than it normally does (more my fault than theirs since it was my oversight that necessitated ordering just one side, from them, the week before Christmas) I was behind the 8 ball and needed to make do with what I got, so they won't be getting it back, because I cut it at 11 PM last night.  It was that or cancel on 2 Christmas orders I already taken.

Given the amount of product they sell and ship, they probably do ok.  I've ordered on a Monday and gotten it on Wednesday.  That's pretty darn fast considering how far I am from them.  But I've not been "tickled pink" with the leather I've gotten from them in quite some time.

Edited by BigSiouxSaddlery

36 minutes ago, BigSiouxSaddlery said:

But I've not been "tickled pink" with the leather I've gotten from them in quite some time

Well, guess it's good not to be the only one - I ordered leather from Weaver once.  And never again since. 

I could have saved money and aggravation had I treated other retailers the same.