Sign in to follow this  
Nightshade

Juki DNU1541S not picking up bobbin thread

Juki DNU1541S not picking up bobbin thread. I've cleaned the bobbin case and bobbin area. No wayward threads to bind. I had a dust in there but cleaned with brake cleaner and reoiled.

I've tried changing bobbins and needles but no go. I didnt try to see anything crazy thick eventhough I have a box reducer. 

I did notice that sometimes the shaft doesnt turn along with the hand wheel. But if I manually turn the shaft it works.

Is this the safety clutch of horrible legend?

I would try resetting the safety clutch. The link should help with resetting the clutch.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Re-engage-the-Safety-Clutch-on-Walking-Foot-Sewing/

It may also be the top pin that holds the hook basket in place got bent. If it is bent out of place it may have been caused by either not inserting the bobbin fully in place and hearing the click of the bobbin case lever the last time you put a fresh bobbin in, buildup of thread or not holding the thread for the first few stitches. The top pin is located at the top of the hook and you should be able to see it with the presser foot plated removed.

kgg

Got the safety clutch reengaged. But still nothing.

I'm not seeing the pin you're describing.

Or do you mean the post that goes through the bobbin?

With the presser foot plate off it looks like the hook isn't catching the bobbin thread

If you  do a search here for a topic called  " Bobbin Issue - Juki 1541S " there are some really good photo' s of what you should see with the presser foot plate removed and may give you some additional info.

kgg

My Google-Fu is weak but is this the thread...

Yes that is the one I was thinking of. Hope it helps.

kgg