Sign in to follow this  
JohnD

Buckles use inside measurments

I have been looking for a decent brass buckle for a 3/4" strap. I came across one that I liked here. http://leatherunltd.com/hardware/buckles/brass.html . But I was wondering if anyone might know if there is a standard way to list the size of the buckle? ie: If it described as a 3/4" buckle, is that the inside dimension or the width of the buckle itself?

Also, has anyone done any business with Leather Unlimited? Their sales dept. couldn't answer my question, There was a lot of backround noise on her end and she kept interrupting me to tell me she couldn't hear me and I am definitely not a soft talker,so anyway, she referred me to customer service (a toll number) and it was a recording telling me to leave a message and they would get back to me. This would normally be enough to send me away, but I've been looking for about 3 days for these solid brass buckles and the price is very good. If anyone has an alternative I would appreciate it. It has to be solid brass and if it were cast that would be better. Unpolished and unfinished cast brass would be best.

Thanks, John

IM0010.jpg

post-1454-1188253414_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnD

JohnD.... Measurments on the Buckles will be an inside measurments.

Check out Siegel of California. they have all kinds and great prices.

Thanks Luke, That's what I was hoping (about the measurements).

I checked Siegel's website and didn't see what I need. Their brass is laquered and I want these to tarnish. Casting marks would be an added bonus, if I can Find them. Thanks again for the response.

John

I just received a catalog from The Ohio Travel BAg

www.ohiotravelbag.com