Bawarrior

What to do Torched Dragon pic

Was itching to do some work. Started this two days ago, was going to make a clock. Turning out better than I thought it would. Now what to do? Will just keep working

PhotoPictureResizer_191223_165135713-1080x927.jpg

Edited by Bawarrior
Add more

I see the edges starting to curl. What thickness leather is that? It looks rather thin, and I'd suggest fastening it to some sort of backing to prevent stretching as you work on it.

That's going to be some picture when you're done!!

But wondering why it's the dragon that got torched and not the warrior! ;)

Maybe it was a backfire, my work your story. It's actually 9oz. Was going to mount on wood and make wood frame for clock. Now not sure,  may sew on vest. It was damp, after dry, flat again. Heck really don't know what to do

some dragons are experts in black magic. Their powers remain even after death. He will quard the hoards of treasure

Edited by Bawarrior
Spelling

Not a bad idea at all, looks kind cool, thank you

You could use it as a panel on anything you like:  Backpack, tote, note book, binder, leather cover for a round seat,  all kinds of stuff!  Awesome work!

YinTx

You could even put it in a shadow box and hang it on the wall. After all, it is a great piece of art.

"Cover for a round seat"....

:o  [cringes at the thought of someone SITTING on such a beautiful piece of art...]

You have all been very helpful Lots of ideas. I do  Appreciate your input

Don't bring him to the England though, Our patron saint St George kills Dragons with his mighty sword

Very nice skilled work, looks great

Actually its mostly 19"  Circular shape might be to big for some of the  Suggestions. Sure do appreciate all the comments and humor. Keep them coming

It needs wispy smoke if not flames. Nice job. I'm liking the idea of a circular stretch frame with rawhide thonging.

Yes and I am leaning toward the beaver  stretch, looks great. Was one of the first  suggestions.

Nice carving I like it.

What about a wooden shield.  Wood would protrude beyond the leather . Glue it on maybe tack it down with decorative furniture tacks around the edge.  Maybe lace around the outside too....like the wall hanging thoughts folks had too.  

@toxoOne... hot... dragon, that! Especially if it were to have that wispy smoke per suggestion by toxo. My vote would be for a nice clock face.

Sorry but, don't know how to carve wispy smoke. Sounds cool. If you or someone could post pic with comment.

3 hours ago, Bawarrior said:

Sorry but, don't know how to carve wispy smoke. Sounds cool. If you or someone could post pic with comment. I'm still working on the piece. Have been working on treasure, trees, skull, as well as knight

So after all the suggestions, will be moving forward with beaver stretching style. 

20200105_085725-1512x2016.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bawarrior said:

So after all the suggestions, will be moving forward with beaver stretching style. 

20200105_085725-1512x2016.jpg

That is going to look so friggin cool! That's great work friend.

Thanks, much appreciated 

I did order a hoop from Riverine Traders, in Wisconsin. Mike @ Susan  will be made from Willow $30-$35 price, so looking forward to finish. Chuck 123 thanks

1 hour ago, Bawarrior said:

I did order a hoop from Riverine Traders, in Wisconsin. Mike @ Susan  will be made from Willow $30-$35 price, so looking forward to finish. Chuck 123 thanks

your welcome, darn if I knew you were going to buy one I could have made one I can collect all the willow a person would ever need. I guess I forget how free and open  Wyoming is still is.