TargetRockLeather

What are these tools used for?

Can anyone tell me what these tools are used for? Are they leather related at all? How old? They look like they could be hole punches of some sort. Any info is appreciated!

IMG-0223.jpg

IMG-3412.JPG

IMG-3413.JPG

IMG-3414.JPG

Are those hemispherical holes in the ends of the punches?

God bless

It looks like they are somewhat though a bit deeper than that. I don’t have the tools in my possession, just the pictures I shared. I’m waiting for an answer from the person who has them. They look like the edges are sharp yet there’s no relief opening like I’d expect to see on punches. Also I wouldn’t expect to see a handle like that. It looks like something you’d push with the palm of your hand. 

Thanks.  That was the puzzling part, no slug clearance for punched pieces.  Since the edges 'look' designed to cut, I am checking out old patents and other crafts/trades.  Any lettering at all on the boxes would help, but since you don't have access, that shall remain a mystery for now.

God bless

I already inquired about markings of any kind. No letters or numbers at all. Thank you for taking the time to investigate. 

Awesome!  Love this place!!

God bless

This is good information... hope it's OK to post some info from that link, just in case it gets "disconnected."

“A set of 16 punches for closing round bezels around stones or evening prongs. The tempered punches have concave faces that are ideal for stone setting. You simply insert the stone into the setting. Use the appropriate size punch to press the stone into the prongs or to press the bezel around the stone. The set includes punches from 2mm to 9mm, a wood storage box, and a hard wood handle.

53189-bezel-setting-punch-set-16pcs-plus-handle.jpg

Wapiti-boy for win, again!

Now I wish I had some of those...

Jeff

On 12/29/2019 at 1:23 PM, MikeRock said:

Awesome!  Love this place!!

God bless

Couldn't have said it better myself. You guys are the best! Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it. Happy New Year to you all!