Silky

Adler 20-2 vs Singer 7 Class

Hi folks.

I see this Adler 20-2 listed:

https://cnj.craigslist.org/bfs/d/neshanic-station-commercial-sewing/7043565022.html

Is this a copy of the Singer 7 class ?  Interchangeable parts ?  Looks very similar but I don't see much info posted around the web about it.

Just curious,

thanks.

adler 2.jpg

Singer had a model like this one,I think it was 7-27 that was a large bobbin with the raised needle plate area & the problem with it is you can only sew 1/2" thick with it & can't be modded because of it.Some Singer parts will interchange but none of the Singers ever had reverse on them so feeding parts would have to be bought from Adler.

Yes they are very similar machines, I thought the Adler was a Singer Class 7 until I got the dirt off. 

After I got it clean, I realized that most of the parts in the head are Singer, so at one point it was rebuilt with class 7 parts.

I think the machine in the listing looks in good shape, however too expensive.

IMG_6631.thumb.JPG.5725fe96eb47fca1aeec473495e050f6.JPG

Thanks Gents !

I am watching for parts, or a basket case to get parts for my 7-33. Been watching / searching for a couple months now. I wanted to look around a bit before diving into implementing my own design / parts for the lift and feeding. Only 7's I see are complete machines for over 2G's. I don't need one that badly. Will be a neat project. I have everything I need on hand, I just need to find the time to put it all together.

Thanks again,

:)