BSmithy

Brand New Cobra 4, Need help!

So I just got my brand new Cobra class 4 yesterday from Leather Machine Co. With help from the instructions and the video I got it setup and on its table and everything. Plugged it in and all was fine and dandy, until I tried to sew. Worked for about maybe 3 seconds and then the motor started flashing a E5 error code. Consulted the little piece of paper about the motor and it says its the Synchronizer is fault and to check it and the position signal. I haven't the faintest clue where this synchronizer is or looks like or anything. In no piece of literature that I have access to is a synchronizer mentioned, the DVD doesn't mention it, no YouTube videos or anything. Please help, the leather machine co people are out of office till the 2nd of January so I can't call for help.

Let me know if I need to include more information about the motor. There isn't much.

20191227_124117.jpg

Checkout the topic " Jack 513A engine problem..." someone just recently had a problem with their servo motor. Also give the dealer a call they should be able to walk you through correct the problem.

kgg

If your on Facebook go to: Tips & Trick for Cobra machines.

32 minutes ago, kgg said:

Checkout the topic " Jack 513A engine problem..." someone just recently had a problem with their servo motor. Also give the dealer a call they should be able to walk you through correct the problem.

kgg

I looked up the post, glad to see someone else finally had this error, but still didn't answer many questions. I would call them, and I tried, but they are all off on vacation till the 2nd. But thanks anyway, this might give me some more information to help narrow down the search for answers. 

I assume you actually bought it with a synchronizer fitted? Sounds to me like the problem you get when there's no synchronizer fitted but it's turned on in the control box. You should have a "manual" for the motor to explain what the codes are and how to access/change them and turn the synchronizer function of.

32 minutes ago, dikman said:

You should have a "manual"

Yeah.  Should. But...  :rolleyes2:

1 hour ago, dikman said:

I assume you actually bought it with a synchronizer fitted? Sounds to me like the problem you get when there's no synchronizer fitted but it's turned on in the control box. You should have a "manual" for the motor to explain what the codes are and how to access/change them and turn the synchronizer function of.

The manual for the motor is one single piece of paper. I have looked through the other manual for the machine itself and there is no mention of a synchronizer or anything like that. I honestly don't even know what this thing would do.

Ok, looking at the website the Cobra's don't normally come with a synchronizer so I'd say you don't have one (it sticks out from the end of the flywheel). Can you tell us what brand the motor is? Can you post a photo of the "piece of paper"? A photo of the motor and front of the control box? If we can work out what the motor is - brand, type etc - it shouldn't be hard to find the instructions. On one of mine the codes etc were stuck on the side of the control box.

I appreciate all help on this, I finally figured it out. Through an insane amount of button pushing on the annoying little motor panel. I found a setting that I didn't know it had, nor did the instructions mention it, or any video ever. And that seemed to be causing all the problems. Now its sewing like a charm (once I got the threading part down).

Excellent! :specool: I'll bet that the EPS (synchronizer) setting had been set to ON and you've managed to turn it OFF. If I were you I'd still chase them up when they're open and ask for a copy of the motor settings.

Happy sewing.

16 hours ago, dikman said:

If I were you I'd still chase them up when they're open and ask for a copy of the motor settings.

Yup.  Guy might think that for $3k it would come with instructions :o