JohnSmith48

Greetings from Central Florida

as an avid woodworker and woodcarver, artist and sign maker, I am always interested in all the art forms.

I had a class of leatherworking in high school back in the '60s and never really messed with it since.  after a pretty bad table saw accident a couple of years ago, I need to find a hobby that does not involve fast turning sharp metal things that can hurt me (again, LOL).  I have a couple of handguns that I want to make holsters for instead buying them from a store.  I finished up my first "prototype" this morning.  it is a ammo cuff for my new .410 pump shotgun.  now that I am getting a feel for design, stamping, stitching, etc,  I will make another one with better tools. (and MUCH better results).  I did find one thing out right from the start.  that little cheap 20 piece stamp set from China is strictly for the entry level novice to practice with.  I have ordered several good quality tools online and they will be arriving next week sometime.

so in the meantime, I will be reading a lot of the very helpful forums and learning how to navigate the system here.  I belong to a couple of woodworking & carving forums so the forum setting itself is not new to me.  I find that leatherworking may be a lot safer than the power tools that I am trying to avoid at the moment and I can still have my artistic outlet.

again, greetings & good tidings to all,

John in Central Florida

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure you'll learn a lot on here, including many new ways of spending your money!

All is not lost with your woodwork. This man is generally recognised as an expert on woodworking with hand tools, and has a pleasant, laid back style of presentation

Search YouTube for 'Paul Sellers Woodworking'.

Edited by zuludog