Looking where to buy parts for Singer 45k53.  needing cam for pressure foot lift,  looking where to buy parts or part machines,  have picture i can attach,  thornburgleather.com or 620-214-230020191230_085839(1).thumb.jpg.613e1a7b7ce9d811e3fdb3dec64f8d4a.jpg

That  machine has not been built in at least 70 years.  parts are not easy to come by.  A few people on the is forum have some parts.  Probably better luck in England finding parts.

glenn

Thornburghleather,

In 2018, when I was restoring a newly acquired 45K53, I found it difficult to impossible to find parts, just as Shoepatcher said.  I welded and repaired what I could, but had to fabricate a few parts from scratch.  That's not too difficult if you have the Singer Illustrated List of Parts for your machine; LW member Jimi once told me the Singer Parts Lists are printed to size (identified on each Plate), so the print can be used to fabricate a part.  In case you don't have an illustrated parts list, I've attached the plate for the Simanco 93387 part you've shown above.  When you fabricate from a plate, you may find you have to adjust the size of the print from your printer so the print exactly matches the size of an actual sample part you have in hand.  In my case, I had to reduce the full size copy I bought by about 1%. to match the actual sample piece.  I'm not sure why, but that's the way it worked out.

img034.jpg

Edited by Evo160K

thanks for help with part #,

You're welcome