Lincoln

HG Gomph Albany NY verses GOMPH

I have some round knives stamped HG GOMPH ALBANY NY and others just marked GOMPH.  What dictated how they were marked?  Is there a vintage associated with the different markings?

I’ve been told that the ones with the Albany marking were earlier but no real basis. As long as they have the rosewood handles and some shaped ferrules they are original to HG Gomph. There are some newer knives marked Gomph that Ellis Barnes had made up. Modern handle design and nice enough knives - just not the originals. 
Several years ago I had a guy contact me. His wife was a descendant of Henry Gomph. He ordered Albany marked Gomph knives for each of his family and had them shadow boxed as Christmas gifts. 

My knife marked GOMPH has the same handle and ferrule as the HG GOMPH knife. The Gomph knife has been sharpened down and is only 2.75” point to point. I love that little knife. 

I too have a small GOMPH.It is 3.25 tip to tip.I don"t use it a lot but it sure is sharp and I really like it.