Lockeland Leather Works

Cobra Class 14 & Bell Skiver Sale

Happy New Year!

In an effort to make space in the studio I'll be parting with two pieces of equipment that have served me well for the last two years.

Cobra Class 14 Splitter - $2,000

I picked up the blade this morning from my local knife sharpener, and reset the machine to accept the freshly sharpened blade. The Class 14 is splitter better than it ever has before and is ready to do some work! I'll be the first to admit this machine has its limitations, and though it's currently splitting soft goat skin down to .6mm, it may not be the best fit if your focus is finer leather work with softer leathers. It has been invaluable in splitting belt blanks and panels from which I would click smaller pieces. 

$2,000

Bell Knife Skiver - $1,000

This Bell Knife Skiver is a non-brand-name, Chinese produced machine, but nonetheless has been a valuable piece of equipment for the studio. The Skiving Machine is mounted on a standing-height table (20"x30") and perfect if space is limited. I've since upgraded the stone feed wheel to a rubber wheel, and the knife itself to a higher quality FAV replacement blade. All accessories from factory included, along with 30mm and 50mm presser feet.

E-mail Directly at Joseph@lockelandleatherworks.com if interested.

Buyer is responsible for pick-up in Nashville, Tennessee or shipping charges.

CobraClass14.JPG

BellKnifeSkiver_1.JPG

Edited by Lockeland Leather Works

On 1/3/2020 at 3:03 PM, Lockeland Leather Works said:

Happy New Year!

In an effort to make space in the studio I'll be parting with two pieces of equipment that have served me well for the last two years.

Cobra Class 14 Splitter - $2,000 **SALE PENDING**

I picked up the blade this morning from my local knife sharpener, and reset the machine to accept the freshly sharpened blade. The Class 14 is splitter better than it ever has before and is ready to do some work! I'll be the first to admit this machine has its limitations, and though it's currently splitting soft goat skin down to .6mm, it may not be the best fit if your focus is finer leather work with softer leathers. It has been invaluable in splitting belt blanks and panels from which I would click smaller pieces. 

$2,000

Bell Knife Skiver - $1,000

This Bell Knife Skiver is a non-brand-name, Chinese produced machine, but nonetheless has been a valuable piece of equipment for the studio. The Skiving Machine is mounted on a standing-height table (20"x30") and perfect if space is limited. I've since upgraded the stone feed wheel to a rubber wheel, and the knife itself to a higher quality FAV replacement blade. All accessories from factory included, along with 30mm and 50mm presser feet.

E-mail Directly at Joseph@lockelandleatherworks.com if interested.

Buyer is responsible for pick-up in Nashville, Tennessee or shipping charges.

CobraClass14.JPG

BellKnifeSkiver_1.JPG

Hi there, have you sold you skiver just yet?

On 1/9/2020 at 9:01 PM, Lockeland Leather Works said:

Interested in the skiver as well. I’m assuming this is a bottom feed because of price but could you confirm this? Also is there a separate motor for feeding or not?

On 1/31/2021 at 5:42 PM, stangman645 said:

where did you get the skiver table? I'm looking for one for the same thing, limited on space

You may be able to get a space saver table from Hoffman brothers

On the topic of Cobra skivers, anyone have experience sharpening or adjusting them?  I have to pull the leather through so forcefully (vs it just gliding through), so I know it needs some adjusting but I'm not familiar enough to figure out how to tweak or sharpen it.  Hoping to find someone in the Chicago area or who could zoom maybe and walk me through adjustments.  Thanks! @Lockeland Leather Works

Edited by JRam

22 hours ago, JRam said:

On the topic of Cobra skivers, anyone have experience sharpening or adjusting them?  I have to pull the leather through so forcefully (vs it just gliding through), so I know it needs some adjusting but I'm not familiar enough to figure out how to tweak or sharpen it.  Hoping to find someone in the Chicago area or who could zoom maybe and walk me through adjustments.  Thanks! @Lockeland Leather Works

This is a really good video on that subject.  

@tkelly001 Thank you so much! This was TREMENDOUSLY HELPFUL!!