Uwe

UT3200: Flatbed attachment for the Cowboy CB-3200

Sorry about the little infomercial, but I finally got around to making a flatbed attachment that fits the Cowboy CB-3200 machine. I call it the UT3200. It's available in my webstore at http://uwe.store

I had hoped to make a mounting plate that will fit both the 4500 and the 3200, but soon abandoned that idea. The design in the mounting area of the arms is just too different. It took half a dozen prototypes to get it right. This little exercise reinforced the notion that you simply won't know for sure until you try it out.

The Cowboy CB-3200 also lacks the mount point in the middle of the arm like the CB-4500, but it turned out plenty sturdy in my opinion.

The UT441 and the UT3200 look deceptively similar from the top, but they are NOT interchangeable!

The underside of the mounting plate is quite different:

IMG_3940.jpg

Here's the image of the CAD model of the underside of the UT3200 plate:

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 8.58.40 PM.png

Here's what the mounting plates look like coming off my new Tormach CNC mill (UT441 plate)

IMG_3760.jpg

It turns out the CB-3200 only looks like the little brother of the CB-4500, but in reality it's a distant cousin, once removed.

The UT3200 *may* fit a few other short arm machines but, again, I won't know for sure until somebody tries it out.

Here are a few photos of the new flatbed table attachment followed by the installation video:

IMG_3923.jpgIMG_3925.jpgIMG_3924.jpgIMG_3926.jpgIMG_3927.jpgIMG_3934.jpgIMG_3937.jpgIMG_3928.jpgIMG_3930.jpgIMG_3931.jpg

Here's the installation video:

Edited by Uwe

Hi Uwe , any chance on getting one done for a Juky 341 ? Last time i talked to you , it was on your to-do list .

Thanks !
Ed

Really nice precision work.

kgg

Awesome! I can't wait to try one out, have been waiting for something like this.

That is Very Nice....

This is absolutely first class work!

Beautifully done and after visiting the link to your site, I will soon be a customer for one of your needle plates. 

Cheers. 

he does nice work . I have a UT441, drilled and tapped to the arm of a 3200 artisan/Toro . His flat bed attachments are the best out there for, mounting , ruggedness ,and just pure aesthetics .

I've had mine for a little while now and i love it! It is also super quick to remove and put back on as needed, I would like to add a couple of mount points for edge guide or binder attachment, but it's soooo pretty i am not wanting to drill into any of it... i also added a little pad on the far right end to brace, it was very sturdy but long projects and leaning on it i could see may cause issues eventually.