myjtp

Anyone have a half size table for their industrial sewing machine?

You pretty much answered your own question ..." shorter table for better storage ".
I keep 3 machines off to the side on castor wheels away from the rest, and one machine is on 1/2 flat-top table .
1/2 tables are great for saving space, or for machines that not your everyday workhorses at set stations . Also..I seen people put a hinged drop-leaf on the side of the 1/2 tables also, just swing leaf up for more sew table  .

Just now, nylonRigging said:

You pretty much answered your own question ..." shorter table for better storage ".
I keep 3 machines off to the side on castor wheels away from the rest, and one machine is on 1/2 flat-top table .
1/2 tables are great for saving space, or for machines that not your everyday workhorses at set stations . Also..I seen people put a hinged drop-leaf on the side of the 1/2 tables also, just swing leaf up for more sew table  .

What castors are you using? Can you show pics of them? Thanks!

My Singer 168 post machine is on a shorty table, as is my Fortuna skiver.

I will set up my Singer 51w with a short table as well and will use a short flat bed machine (107w / 143w) in the same table - one day.

So before you pull the trigger on this table make sure the cut out fits for your machine and the hinge points line up.

IMO the small tray on the right is kinda space wasting on the left (if that matters) So maybe a DIY table top + a standard table that you cut down (center bars) could be an option too. Just my thoughts

Edited by Constabulary

My Pfaff 335 was on a "standard" table and I chopped the ends off so it is only as wide as the frame legs (like your photo). I replaced the 335 head with my new CB4500 and I figure it should be quite adequate for my needs.

4 hours ago, myjtp said:

What castors are you using? Can you show pics of them? Thanks!

-

A good question on what Castor wheels ? . And I am slowly finding out there is a big difference in quality . Little wheel and the bigger wheels 2"-3"-4" . . Single-bolt post mount, or Flat-plate 4-bolt mount . . The cheap Castors you buy have a shitty friction brake lever, and the better one's have good quality friction-lever brakes that are more positive 'smooth lock/unlock , with better smooth tighter Bearings also .

I use ( like using ) the 'flat base' ( 4-bolt ) , and I mount to 2"x4" and 2"x6" wood , between the machine table and Castors . I just use small lag bolts to secure castors to bottom side of wood .

-

-castor1.thumb.jpg.80ed0242aa9486b93fe3a5f84e9b3027.jpgcastor2.thumb.jpg.a34f5d8cba271e677fe5f71f0b00e907.jpg

I have one machine on a half sized table and I also have two non leather machine on one table and all of my tables are on wheels, easy when you need to reshuffle your machines around.

Bert.

if you have hard carpet (don´t know the english word) and you can put the machines against a wall you can also use some kind ball casters that would save some height. Just a wild idea that came to my mind :rolleyes2:

I have a full size for Juki-341, but the left side of it is occupied by my lining machine. You make use of the space you have!

Just Made two extra short tables (i stil have more heads than tables but this does help)

E70679B0-997E-48D6-905E-92794238A565.jpeg

Edited by Michiel

Had to mount de drawer under the head to fit

Looks good, Michiel. For the type of sewing a lot of us probably do a big table isn't necessary, all they do is provide extra space to put junk on!

Mr dikman must have been peeking in my sewing cave .. I have an old industrial treadle with drop leaves under my 31-15,  with the leaves down it is about 10" narrower, A nice feature for me.  Looking at my industrial treadle with a modern top  it looks like I could chop off 8" and still leave the drawer in place (it has full ball bearing support and actually works well)  ! That would be a huge help with crowding on that wall.  I  use the magic furniture slides under my machines .. things slide pretty well when needed and the tile floor doesnt seem to mind. Nice bit of inspiration.

Just FYI (should anyone else fall victim to the item originally referenced and sold by Atlas levy), "Short Table for industrial Sewing machines" by Atlas Levy's definition means table top only. 

If you buy this, you will find out the hard way once it arrives (like I did, when it showed up with out legs), and then be forced to pay more and wait longer for the rest of the table. 

And this was after I had placed my order over the phone (not on the website), verbally verified the machine that it would be for, and specifically requested k-legs over t-legs. 

Edited by deadtravis

On 4/27/2020 at 11:38 AM, deadtravis said:

Just FYI (should anyone else fall victim to the item originally referenced and sold by Atlas levy), "Short Table for industrial Sewing machines" by Atlas Levy's definition means table top only. 

If you buy this, you will find out the hard way once it arrives (like I did, when it showed up with out legs), and then be forced to pay more and wait longer for the rest of the table. 

And this was after I had placed my order over the phone (not on the website), verbally verified the machine that it would be for, and specifically requested k-legs over t-legs. 

I had been looking at buying that table myself. Their ad on their website reads:

Complete unit table and legs
Short table for industrial sewing machines
Table Top measurements:  32" x 20"  ( refer to pictures)

I would have pressed for the legs too, no additional charge. Says it's "complete unit table and legs" (??)