Sign in to follow this  
Grizz78

Chinese shoe patcher help

I am having issues with my chinese shoe patcher, the thread is balling up under the treadle.  I have attached a couple pics to review.  I have tried filing the edges and adjusting the thread tension.  However, nothing seems to help.  Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

patch1.jfif

patch2.jfif

Either the shuttle timing is way off, or the bobbin tension is too tight, or the top tension is too loose, or the top tension release is opening the tension disks while you sew, or the machine is improperly threaded on top.

Of these, I would investigate the bobbin first.

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

Either the shuttle timing is way off, or the bobbin tension is too tight, or the top tension is too loose, or the top tension release is opening the tension disks while you sew, or the machine is improperly threaded on top.

Of these, I would investigate the bobbin first.

I will address each of those tonight and let you know the outcome.  Thanks for the input.

Hi Grizz, 

I started having this problem this morning when I switched to a thicker thread. Did you get it resolved?