65frank

Bronc Halter Blank Help

My daughter owns a horse and I thought I tool a bronc halter blank for him.  I finished it (just need to add dye & antique) but for some reason I can't shake the feeling that I could do more.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nose Halter.jpg

I think it looks great especially if you can die the letters and make them pop.  Sometimes less is more.

Todd

:16:  Looks good

I think your 'feeling ' comes from the negative space behind the name that makes it appear unfinished as well the lack of finish work. I can see that you may want to end the tooling in some way as it just kind of peters out maybe a border of some type so the shading and designs will have a stopping point. I don't think you would need to add more tooling, flowers, leaves, etc.,   if you don't want to around the name it looks great as is, but you could also add an oval or some type of border around the name then carry your background across the rest of the area so the whole pattern ties together. Just my thoughts It does look great as is and we always tend to forget that if your not completely done including the finish work, dying, antiquing, burnishing  then the project always looks like something is missing lol. 

2 hours ago, Hildebrand said:

I think it looks great especially if you can die the letters and make them pop.  Sometimes less is more.

Todd

I was planning on dyeing it all black, the tooling an antique mahogany and the lettering an orange (my daughter's favorite color).

Frank