JJN

Looking for an Engineer's Manual for a Juki DLN-9010A

Hi, I am looking to see if anyone here, dealers or @gottaknow might have the Engineer's Manual for a Juki DLN-9010A-SH sewing machine. I have all the other manuals for this machine, its control box SC-920 and the control panel CP-180. I have been using this machine quite a bit lately and would like to make sure all the settings and adjustments are correct.

One issue is that the thread tails after the auto trimming are a little longer that they were originally. I am not sure why that is. Also I do not really understand what the thread take-up picker does and suspect it may have been moved out of adjustment when it was last moved.

I would really love to have a conversation with someone knowledgeable about this machine.

Edited by JJN

That’s a great machine, we have 50 of them in our LA factory. I’ll find a link for the manual you’re looking for. The length of the tail thread is controlled by the pre-tension. It should be 30-40mm long depending on thread and tension. It will vary. 

Regards, Eric

Thanks for the response Eric!

And thanks for looking for the Engineer's Manual.

I sharpened the counter knife and that helped quite a bit. I also found that different threads had different thread tail lengths after trimming. This is the SH subclass for heavy weight materials. Needle size range is #20 thru #23. I am using a #18 needle with #69 bonded nylon mostly and it seems to work just fine. Do you have any comments about using a needle and thread smaller that the recommended range?

I agree it is a great machine. Especially for my small scale production. Auto backtack, auto trim and bobbin thread counter really saves time for me. When I first got it, I tried to slow down the backtack stitching speed using the settings on the CP-180 panel but it caused some weird behavior. I put it back to default settings. The speed control on the CP-180 for regular sewing works great and the direct drive motor seems to have incredible torque even at slow speeds.

The way the machine was set up, it appeared to have nearly no oil going to the hook. I know that machine is designed to have very little oil on the needle bar and hook but I increased the oil flow to the hook and now I can see some oil getting to it.

Another question: When I start and stop a stitch using auto backtack and trim I get a small knot of thread on the underside of the fabric at the endpoints. I assume this is normal because the thread tails have nowhere to go but into the stitch. Am I correct in this assumption?

The little bit of tail thread stuff is normal. 

You can use smaller needles without doing much. Size 16 should be fine. The difference between the SH machine and lighter weight machines is the feed dogs and throat plate. That direct drive is a great motor. The hook oiler adjustment is common. After the machine is well broken in, you’ll probably need to dial it back a bit. 

Regards, Eric 

@gottaknow, I am still looking for the Engineers Manual. Thanks for checking your sources. I am going to try to get a printed copy from MJ Foley. If I do, I will scan it and make it available here for other members.

I just made an order for some genuine Juki parts from MJFoley. I asked about getting printed manuals from Juki and was told they are unavailable. They only have access to PDF versions and do not have the Engineer's Manual for the DLN-9010A. Does anyone know of a source for this manual? Maybe the dealers here know how to get this manual.

CLICK HERE this may be anything and everything ever printed for the DLN-9010A, I'm not sure.

@Gregg From Keystone Sewing, thanks, but I already have all of those manuals. There does not appear to be an Engineer's Manual for the DNL-9010A. I was able to get the Engineer's Manual for the DDL-9000 that has many similarities to the DNL-9010A.

I now realize that I am asking for the wrong manual. I want to change some settings in the SC-920 controller. The instruction manual, that I already have, has a notice to purchase the Engineer's Manual before making certain changes. So I am really looking for the SC-920 Engineer's Manual. I see that it exists on the Juki.com bookstore, but I cannot order from there unless I am a dealer.

sc920-manual.jpg

16 hours ago, JJN said:

@Gregg From Keystone Sewing, thanks, but I already have all of those manuals. There does not appear to be an Engineer's Manual for the DNL-9010A. I was able to get the Engineer's Manual for the DDL-9000 that has many similarities to the DNL-9010A.

I now realize that I am asking for the wrong manual. I want to change some settings in the SC-920 controller. The instruction manual, that I already have, has a notice to purchase the Engineer's Manual before making certain changes. So I am really looking for the SC-920 Engineer's Manual. I see that it exists on the Juki.com bookstore, but I cannot order from there unless I am a dealer.

sc920-manual.jpg

They are talking about changing the SC-920's control box setting values, or parameters as I would call them.  What the  DNL-9010A Owners Manual does not cover will be covered in the SC-920 Engineer's Manual.  That's the explanation as how I understand it.

Juki_SC-920-SC-921_Engineers.png

I did read that this is the book that you are looking for, maybe I misunderstood that part.  I'll see what I can dig up for us on Monday. If they made one we should be able to find a way to get this engineer manual.  It does not appear to be floating around anywhere on the web.  

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Thanks Gregg. Yes, that is the manual I am looking for now.

@Gregg From Keystone Sewing, I found a PDF of the Juki SC-920 Engineer's Manual and I am posting a link to it here for anyone else who might need it.

sc-920-engineers-manual.pdf

Having been following this thread..( for a friend who has  a machine fro which this manual is useful..albeit , I'll have to translate it for them )  may I say JJN ..You are a Star.. Merçi ..Thankyou .. :-)

Edited by mikesc

Nice. Add one more to the  digital library.