T Moore Medicine Hat Saddlery

New hand forged round knife

Beautiful!

that's a good price for a handmade knife they are nice indeed! 

Ive been looking for a nice round knife. I just started leather working about a month ago and have been hooked ever since.. I know I'm going to stick with this so I want to invest in some quality tools especially if they come from fellow craftsman!

How many of these do you have available?

Just to follow up a bit.

I had the good fortune to buy one of these knives from Terry and I'm very happy with it.  Great knife at a great price!  Probably one of the best  hundred bucks I've spent in a long time and I feel I got a damn good bargain.  Happy about dealing with Terry, too. No muss, no fuss, straight ahead and the product I received was exactly as advertised.

Make no mistake about it, this is a stout knife. My "go to" is an older Osborne Head Knife with a bit of the handle lopped off that weighs in at about 71g (2.7 oz). Terry's knife weighs in at just over 200g (7.1 oz). This is a pretty substantial chunk of steel.

I don't expect any knife to be as sharp as I want and while this one came with a good basic edge on it (it cut leather without a problem), a little time on the hone and strop turned it into a formidable cutting tool that takes and holds a beautiful edge.  Also noted that the honing and stropping process didn't just fine tune this blade, it also gave me some time with the knife in hand to get used to the weight and ergonomics of it and I consider it time well spent.

Although I prefer a slightly shorter handle the ergonomics of this knife work well for me. Especially those nice, subtle thumb depressions. The handle is a little longer and bigger than I'm used to using but that's me and it didn't take long to adapt to this tool.

What I would really like to see Terry produce next is something using the same grade of steel at about half the thickness used in this knife, a handle about half to three quarters inches shorter and with a head knife configuration on the blade.  I'd be on that like a fat kid on a Smartie.

I don't have any connection with Terry aside from buying this knife but I recommend keeping an eye out for whatever (if ever) might be offered in the future. I will be.

Regards,

Arturo