ironwrx

Singer 29K71 hand wheel hub assembly

Anyone parting out an old Singer 29K71 “patcher” machine? I am looking for a  hand wheel hub complete so I can move the hand wheel from the side of the machine to the front of the machine. I could order the parts from College Sewing Machines UK, but the shipping costs are very prohibitive.

942D92A6-7C12-42D5-8BC4-322F46ED6F11.png

0EABF94C-0177-4612-A591-D71FAEDDF9D7.jpeg

Check if the a gear on the main shaft is present! Often the machines w/o the wheel hub on the front do not have gears on the main shaft. Even if it is there it could be worn and you may need both gears cause used and news parts sometime "do not play well together".

VT is Vermont, right? So I would probably check with TECHSEW they sell 29K clones (Techsew 2900) so maybe they can help you with parts.

Edited by Constabulary

6 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Check if the a gear on the main shaft is present! Often the machines w/o the wheel hub on the front do not have gears on the main shaft. Even if it is there it could be worn and you may need both gears cause used and news parts sometime "do not play well together".

VT is Vermont, right? So I would probably check with TECHSEW they sell 29K clones (Techsew 2900) so maybe they can help you with parts.

Yes, VT is Vermont. As far as I can tell, the gear on the main shaft is in unused condition. D0F7E326-3B8B-4D7E-838C-277B0D1C20EC.thumb.jpeg.77be138c684004b69d37a3bce24824b9.jpeg