Well what do you guys think? This harness is what I came up with to utilize my holster as a shoulder holster also. Originally I was going to hang it from the front strap in a vertical position but found this to be much more comfortable the weight is much easier to carry and is spread more evenly over my shoulder. I still haven't decided on where to place the strap / straps  that will hold it on my shoulder but am leaning towards just going down suspender style to the opposite belt loop. I built the holster with a 15 degree cant so really any holster with that cant could be adapted to this.

holster106.JPG

holster107.JPG

2 minutes ago, Josh Ashman said:

Nice job Chuck!

Thank you.

Well Done Sir.

That looks really nice, Chuck!

I would worry about this rig pulling off the belt loop of your jeans though. I would some how terminate the strap with a loop that your belt would pass through, for a stronger, more secure connection.

At this point, you could make a leather belt loop with a D-ring to accept that snap hook. This would maintain the ease of removing the holster without taking off your belt.

nick

Nice work Chuck that looks really good i think the thumb break on the inside rather than outside would but for the belt conection a quick disconect like the one on my chest holster in this section the small part of the of the conector is very small it could mount on the side of the belt the belt would still go on and off easy and very fast hookup and release .btm line it looks really good thanks for showing.

I aint a fan o' rivet construction - never was.  But I don't mind this one bit.  

First thought was how ya keep it slidin' down the arm, but I see ya got that in the works.  Looks like it's comfortable and workable, even though its BACKARDS.

Riveted might be smart from a layout point of view... faster than stitching so you can adjust the pattern quickly if ya want.  Good news... it's still not too late ta go back 'n' stitch it if a fella was ta want ta :whistle:

21 hours ago, sinpac said:

Well Done Sir.

Thank you.

20 hours ago, wizard of tragacanth said:

That looks really nice, Chuck!

I would worry about this rig pulling off the belt loop of your jeans though. I would some how terminate the strap with a loop that your belt would pass through, for a stronger, more secure connection.

At this point, you could make a leather belt loop with a D-ring to accept that snap hook. This would maintain the ease of removing the holster without taking off your belt.

nick

The leather belt loops are exactly what I use for my suspenders also.  Thank you. 

2 hours ago, JLSleather said:

I aint a fan o' rivet construction - never was.  But I don't mind this one bit.  

First thought was how ya keep it slidin' down the arm, but I see ya got that in the works.  Looks like it's comfortable and workable, even though its BACKARDS.

Riveted might be smart from a layout point of view... faster than stitching so you can adjust the pattern quickly if ya want.  Good news... it's still not too late ta go back 'n' stitch it if a fella was ta want ta :whistle:

Thank you . You said it perfectly I,ve used the rivets and Chicago screws mostly because its a work in progress and they let me modify any problems much easier than rippin stitching, as I get the pattern worked out and measurements more solidified I will get out the thread and do em up right. I am also leery of the snaps and if they will stay snapped after some break in. The back strap I am toying with is a 3/4" strap that attaches about midpoint of the back and I am stiil playing with the final way to tie it down, its funny but the same length strap can be tied a bunch of ways, across the chest and back to the front strap which makes really secure, down to the opposite belt loop in front like suspenders , or around under the arm and back to itself. 

Edited by chuck123wapati

12 hours ago, Samalan said:

Nice work Chuck that looks really good i think the thumb break on the inside rather than outside would but for the belt conection a quick disconect like the one on my chest holster in this section the small part of the of the conector is very small it could mount on the side of the belt the belt would still go on and off easy and very fast hookup and release .btm line it looks really good thanks for showing.

Thank you I will check that out this sure isn't a finished pattern by any means but a good start I think.

9 hours ago, hashtagartz said:

Bravo!

Thank you.

Nice work! I really like the elk horn grips, I have them on one of my 1911's.  …why is the hammer down....?

Chuck,

You inspired me.  not one time,  but 2 times

20200120_172156.jpg

20200121_091357.jpg

On 1/21/2020 at 5:21 PM, Cattledude said:

Nice work! I really like the elk horn grips, I have them on one of my 1911's.  …why is the hammer down....?

Thank you I made the grips also, I carry with the hammer down mainly because I don't live in a city lol The one I carry daily in my pocket however is a different story.

18 hours ago, Frodo said:

Chuck,

You inspired me.  not one time,  but 2 times

20200120_172156.jpg

20200121_091357.jpg

Nice work those look really good! I like the closed toe.

I also did the hammer thong a little different

closed on a open hammer.   opps  ran out of  snaps

20200121_093120.jpg

Edited by Frodo

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

I also did the hammer thong a little different

closed on a open hammer.   opps  ran out of  snaps

20200121_093120.jpg

I actually changed my pattern a bit so my strap would go in front of the hammer also but that will be on future holsters.

On 1/20/2020 at 6:37 PM, Samalan said:

I would sure like some more info on those quick disconnects where did you get them?

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you,  the quick disconnects are from "Ohio Travel Bag" good luck i'd like to see this work for you.

Chuck,   https://www.strapworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MSC&msclkid=9f2599a2e8e413e01f43c789f60203a1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ECI - Google Shopping - All Products (existing) [Priority%3A Low]&utm_term=4582764467485901&utm_content=All Products (existing)

instead of a belt loop, why not use a suspender clip.

if you use a loop, then it is the hassle of threading the belt, if you use the fastner on the loop like you have. it may or may not break the loop

these clips will attach anywhere.i am thinking of making a shoulder rig  using webbing that stretches  for a tighter fit

47 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Chuck,   https://www.strapworks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MSC&msclkid=9f2599a2e8e413e01f43c789f60203a1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ECI - Google Shopping - All Products (existing) [Priority%3A Low]&utm_term=4582764467485901&utm_content=All Products (existing)

instead of a belt loop, why not use a suspender clip.

if you use a loop, then it is the hassle of threading the belt, if you use the fastner on the loop like you have. it may or may not break the loop

these clips will attach anywhere.i am thinking of making a shoulder rig  using webbing that stretches  for a tighter fit

I think those would work very well, the trigger snap doesn't really have much tension on it but it does more holding up my pants than anything else, it basically just keeps the harness from swinging around.

Here is what I am testing out for the back strap of the rig. The same strap can be used a few different ways as you can see. Around the chest and it is very stable, you could ride a motorcycle, four wheeler pretty hard and it wouldn't move. Over the shoulder to the opposite belt loop or belt suspender style would make it more concealable or my least favorite way around the opposite shoulder and back to itself usable but I don't care for the strap in my armpit. I am leaning heavily on this style just because of the ability to change it to fit different needs, swiss army strap lol, But I may use two shorter straps with more adjustable length and a buckle. 

holster108.JPG

holster109.JPG

holster110.JPG

holster111.JPG

Check this out while playing around with my holster I tried my first ever pistol in it, my Fanner 50, it was a bit small and loose but the light came on and I tried my Anaconda wow if it would have been a inch longer at the toe it would have been a perfect fit. This will be my next build. 

anconda 1.JPG

I have an idea .

if you were to use just 1 strip of leather. 

fastened to your pants 

the route of the strip would be from [left side]  holster up, then around the neck,  down the right back side to a belt attachment in the front

the other end of the strip would be from holster down to belt at midway  between front back

see 4th grade drawing

maniquin.jpg