23 minutes ago, Frodo said:

I have an idea .

if you were to use just 1 strip of leather. 

fastened to your pants 

the route of the strip would be from [left side]  holster up, then around the neck,  down the right back side to a belt attachment in the front

the other end of the strip would be from holster down to belt at midway  between front back

see 4th grade drawing

maniquin.jpg

I will give that a try also thanks for the suggestion. you could at least use a gi joe LOL.

I like what you did.

I have been looking around and talking to a couple of cop buddies

And was told to look up a jackass shoulder holster

..double mag pouch on one side with your holster on the other.

The GOOD thing about this rig, is your holster off your belt can also be on the shoulder

just by adjusting the straps..chicago screws  

jackass.png

3 minutes ago, Frodo said:

I like what you did.

I have been looking around and talking to a couple of cop buddies

And was told to look up a jackass shoulder holster

..double mag pouch on one side with your holster on the other.

The GOOD thing about this rig, is your holster off your belt can also be on the shoulder

just by adjusting the straps..chicago screws  

jackass.png

That is a nice setup for sure. I was thinking about making mine a suspender type such as this so I could add the mag pouch.

Looks innovative.  Keep on keepin' on.

4 minutes ago, muzzleblast said:

Looks innovative.  Keep on keepin' on.

Thank you!

It's a really great rig, . . . especially for Glocks, . . . ya get to shoot anyone you don't like just by having them stand behind you while you holster or unholster.

OR, . . . you might wind up shooting someone you do like, . . . who happens to be standing behind you.

May God bless,

Dwight

8 hours ago, Dwight said:

It's a really great rig, . . . especially for Glocks, . . . ya get to shoot anyone you don't like just by having them stand behind you while you holster or unholster.

OR, . . . you might wind up shooting someone you do like, . . . who happens to be standing behind you.

May God bless,

Dwight

Glock will not fire unless the trigger is pulled

holster has a trigger guard cover,  so it is impossible for the glock to fire putting the gun in or removing from a holster

Edited by Frodo

".........so it is impossible for the glock to fire putting the gun in or removing from a holster"

That is what the ol' boy in I believe New Jersey thought.  He stuck his Glock in his waist holster, . . . sat down in the passenger side of the car, . . . and as he adjusted his position in the seat, . . . the Glock went off, . . . shot him in the butt, . . . down thru the seat, . . . thru the floorboard, . . . and after moving the car, . . . the round was dug out of the blacktop.

The outside part of the holster had become work, . . . floppy, . . . and as he holstered, he did not notice that a corner of the triggerguard had gotten into where the trigger itself was.

Add to the fact that the Glock is the single most dangerous piece of crap gun ever manufactured.  ANYTHING getting into the triggerguard when moved the right way, . . . sets it off.

None of my handguns can be fired like that.

If you decide to carry like that, . . . just remember to be super careful with it.

May God bless,

Dwight

34 minutes ago, Dwight said:

".........so it is impossible for the glock to fire putting the gun in or removing from a holster"

That is what the ol' boy in I believe New Jersey thought.  He stuck his Glock in his waist holster, . . . sat down in the passenger side of the car, . . . and as he adjusted his position in the seat, . . . the Glock went off, . . . shot him in the butt, . . . down thru the seat, . . . thru the floorboard, . . . and after moving the car, . . . the round was dug out of the blacktop.

The outside part of the holster had become work, . . . floppy, . . . and as he holstered, he did not notice that a corner of the triggerguard had gotten into where the trigger itself was.

Add to the fact that the Glock is the single most dangerous piece of crap gun ever manufactured.  ANYTHING getting into the triggerguard when moved the right way, . . . sets it off.

None of my handguns can be fired like that.

If you decide to carry like that, . . . just remember to be super careful with it.

May God bless,

Dwight

yup Mines not a horizontal carry, not a glock and not going to be carried with a round in the chamber. I 'll be at least three hours from any help most of the time when I use this  and don't intend to shoot myself or others playing badass keep it cocked and locked guy.

he guy stuffed the gun down his pants. no holster

idiots are idiots and you cant fix stupid

I agree that Glocks are junk, I 'm a 1911 man

Glock and similar trigger "safety" systems are defeated when clothing, be it folds of t-shirt, outer shirt, jacket, get into the trigger guard as it is being pushed into the holster.  The result is a negligent discharge.  Holster design won't prevent it, operator training and vigilance will.

Oh never fear, people seem to find a way to have negligent discharges with 1911's too.

Chuck,

These are breathtaking rigs. The only thing I would suggest is to keep your options open for the bottom attachment, considering that you may sometimes attach to the belt loop on your jeans, other times to the belt itself. Just my 2c.

1 hour ago, DrmCa said:

Chuck,

These are breathtaking rigs. The only thing I would suggest is to keep your options open for the bottom attachment, considering that you may sometimes attach to the belt loop on your jeans, other times to the belt itself. Just my 2c.

Thank you! I have already built a  leather loop that will go around the belt also.