NewfoundlandLaw

Leather Strap Cutting Machines - CraftTool vs The Rest

Hey All

Does anyone have any experience with the CraftTool Pro Rotary Cutting Machine from Tandy?   I posted a pic of the model below. 

I want it to be able to cut single strips of 8-12oz Veg Tan, (cut single 3.0 - 4.5" strips), but I'm worried it might not be strong enough to handle 12oz Veg Tan.  

Given the machine is rated up to 10oz for cutting multiple straps at once, can it cut a single wider piece of 12oz?  (It would only have 1 cut into 12 oz as opposed to 4 cuts into 10 oz.)

Any info is appreciated as I live quite a ways away from a Tandy Store. 

E93D1BBA-1A51-4FED-A692-C4F588B53EE2.jpeg

I know nothing about these machines but was wondering how you are doing with the snow. Getting 76 cm (2 1/2 feet of snow in 24hrs with winds up to 155 km ( 96 miles) an hour. In my 45 years of living and growing up in St. John's (oldest city in North America) I cann't remember that amount of snow in such a short period of time.

Stay warm and safe,

kgg

53 minutes ago, kgg said:

I know nothing about these machines but was wondering how you are doing with the snow. Getting 76 cm (2 1/2 feet of snow in 24hrs with winds up to 155 km ( 96 miles) an hour. In my 45 years of living and growing up in St. John's (oldest city in North America) I cann't remember that amount of snow in such a short period of time.

Stay warm and safe,

kgg

We are keeping positive. Most of the Island is shut down as we have 15 foot + drifts everywhere.  That being said, you can't kill a Newfies spirit so we will survive. :)

1 hour ago, NewfoundlandLaw said:

That being said, you can't kill a Newfies spirit so we will survive.

How true, long live the Republic of Newfoundland.

kgg

Measure and make sure the cutting disks are large enough diameter for the added thickness.  Also make sure that the throat has adequate clearance.  Stress wise, should be lower stress with a single cut at your desired width.

We just came out of a week long deep freeze, down to -32C.  Reached +4C last night with a mild Chinook.  Didn't break the 0 today, but very nice outdoors in comparison. 

Tom