Sign in to follow this  
axmay

Nippy NPS7 Mini-Skiver

Does anyone have any knowledge of or experience with the new Nippy NPS7 mini-skiver? I have found very little online about it. I don't have the room for a full sized skiver and while this piece of kit is not inexpensive I just cannot keep skiving with a knife. I cannot get thin enough or consistent enough.

Any experience with this or comments would be very helpful before making such a big investment.

Thanks.

They seem to be a great design and small at A4 size, no indications on where you can buy them though or price

The guy in the video said 2500 dollars, and the knifes around 50 bucks for 6. I reckon you will go through a lot of knifes?? that could be the money hole with this??

The cost looks a killer, but the knives by the look of them could be polished very easy

Edit just found the price on https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=ja&sp=nmt4&u=http://skimini.jp/&xid=17259,15700021,15700186,15700190,15700256,15700259,15700262,15700265,15700271&usg=ALkJrhik3dXUJCJEWJ40ztGTmHKvSszO4w 173000 yen which to sterling comes out at £1202.00 then uk taxes and shipping on top

Edited by chrisash

On this type of skiver you have to pull the leather which will stretch the leather. On a traditional skiver the feed roller turns and moves the leather. I wouldn't want to have to pull and stretch the leather. Just my 2 cents.

7 hours ago, aroh99 said:

On this type of skiver you have to pull the leather which will stretch the leather. On a traditional skiver the feed roller turns and moves the leather. I wouldn't want to have to pull and stretch the leather. Just my 2 cents.

I think the guy is not familiar with it yet and has not got it set up right. If you see the video from nippy it feeds through like a normal skiver does.

@jimi yes you are correct. My mistake i saw another video and i then saw the feed roller. Looks like a good skiver. May have trouble with thicker leather.