fiftycrushplan

New business design

So I finally decided to design a maker's mark and give my work a name if you will. Tell me what you think of my company name and design. 

1579289344458134.jpg

catchy name and nice logo. Did you get a stamp made for it yet? I'd be surprised if you can get such fine detail into a makers mark stamp unless it's a rather large stamp. That logo would look good on a business card or for advertising.

6 minutes ago, TargetRockLeather said:

catchy name and nice logo. Did you get a stamp made for it yet? I'd be surprised if you can get such fine detail into a makers mark stamp unless it's a rather large stamp. That logo would look good on a business card or for advertising.

Yeah its in the mail currently. It came out pretty good. It is .75" squared. 

Screenshot_20200122-222000(1).png

2 hours ago, fiftycrushplan said:

It is .75" squared.  

.75 diameter at the widest point? that's pretty good. Mine is I think 1 and 1/8" wide. I'd love to have a smaller one. Where'd you get it made?

This guy on etsy. He is super cheap too.  He has made me a lot of stamps. His username is in the top left of the picture.  He only charged me $43 for this one.  

Screenshot_20200123-070656.png

Yes, they are also known as https://www.leatherstampmaker.com/ ...they made my maker's marks a few years ago...very fine work, indeed!

I like it, but I have to admit the first thing that struck me was the use of 3 different fonts.  I'm not sure it I like that or not.  The other thing is the fact that Rustic and Rawhide don't take advantage of the "double-R'.  I can see that somehow in a maker's mark that looks like a branding iron.  

Funny... I got mine from the same guy. Mine couldn’t be made smaller I guess because of the small font. I think I will redesign one that doesn’t have text in it so that it can be made small like yours.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:51 PM, Tugadude said:

I like it, but I have to admit the first thing that struck me was the use of 3 different fonts.  I'm not sure it I like that or not.  The other thing is the fact that Rustic and Rawhide don't take advantage of the "double-R'.  I can see that somehow in a maker's mark that looks like a branding iron.  

Yeah I kept playing with the double R idea I just couldn't figure out a design I liked. Oh well the stamp was $43.  I can evolve my logo in time. 

I like the name, definitely a nice rrrrring to it.

The three font thing really stood out to me in the logo though as well, looks disjointed. If you draw a horizontal line across the middle of the logo, the top half looks great and has nice impact. The lower half looks unfinished to me. Just my $0.02.

Edited to add: Now that you’ve got your stamp, let’s see how the leather impression looks!

Edited by Retswerb

20 hours ago, Retswerb said:

I like the name, definitely a nice rrrrring to it.

The three font thing really stood out to me in the logo though as well, looks disjointed. If you draw a horizontal line across the middle of the logo, the top half looks great and has nice impact. The lower half looks unfinished to me. Just my $0.02.

Edited to add: Now that you’ve got your stamp, let’s see how the leather impression looks!

Here it is. I actually really like it.

20200201_082830.jpg