chriscraft

Firefighter pocket calendar book cover

I made these for a friend. Each year his department hands out a yearly pocket calendar that has the different shifts scheduled. It’s about the size of the field notes covers I’ve been making. The calendar is paperback and usually ends up getting torn up after months of use. These leather covers should protect it and at the end of the year, he can just refill it with the new calendar.

6B03B1E1-A01B-48BB-89DE-4DBD93606F93.jpeg

58D64DA3-C3F4-45B8-913F-7DD89D4EB8BD.jpeg

BE2D05F5-4EFE-4DD7-8C55-1B606F2B2FA7.jpeg

Edited by chriscraft

I love your work !

Hi! This is a great gift, and I'm sure your friend will be happy! I'm just learning how to make calendars now, and I didn't think about such a cool calendar case. I made a 2022 august calendar as a gift to my friend, and she liked it. Now I want to make some more of these calendars for the whole year, but I think they will need a case. I'm not sure I can do something like this with the leather, and I think maybe it's worth using fabric. Do you have a scheme by which you sewed it? Can you share it?

Edited by Gorisn

Beautiful work :yes:

The firefighter pocket calendar book cover you made is a practical and thoughtful gift. It's great that it can be refilled with a new calendar at the end of the year. BTW, If your friend likes calednads and need a new one, check out https://www.123calendars.com/november-calendar.html. I' have found it when I was searching for a November calendar, but they have plenty of it.

Edited by NickJackson1997

On 10/12/2022 at 10:25 PM, Burkhardt said:

What color dye did you use? Looks good.

Sorry for the late reply. I’m not on here much. 
  I used Fiebings Pro Dye RED, once dry and buffed I airbrushed Fiebings Pro Oil Dark Brown around the edges. 

I diluted the Dark Brown dye using alcohol, so my airbrushing dye is a 50/50 mix. I just feather in the dark brown color and get heavier towards the edges. 

F0DB822A-42AB-4643-BF10-1904C318F1D6.jpeg

Nice and clean, I like it

11 minutes ago, Stetson912 said:

Nice and clean, I like it

Thank you and thanks to all that have commented. I’m currently working on one of these covers but need to get back at building more stuff. It’s been over a year since I last made something out of leather.