Redbeard7

Chandsew 100RB?

I have an opportunity to purchase this machine. What can anyone tell me about this? Max thickness it will sew? I’ve tried to research but not finding much info on the web? The seller sent multiple pics and videos, it appears to work fine? What all should I look for?  

sewing 1.jpg

sewing 2.jpg

Edited by Redbeard7
added pics

You should be able to sew up to around 20 oz for leather BUT this machine does NOT have needle feed,it has feed dogs with teeth that will mark the bottom of the leather & it also has teeth on the bottom of the feet.But they can be ground off so you won't get feet marks on top.

Thanks for your feedback Bob! While I am just getting started (again) on some leather projects, I am looking for ways to increase production all while not sacrificing time with family. Belts, holsters, fire helmet shields, wallets are a few of the projects I tend to focus on. Should I wait and save more money for a cylinder arm machine. Also this machine is available local to me, it appears to be needle fed, based on research, but curious as to other positives/negatives. I believe it’s a 255rb-1. Seller is asking 600$

E9699A4B-5499-4901-899A-B9B66061E053.jpeg