pmieras2000

My first "Western" themed Holster and Belt

I finally got to do a western inspired belt. Customer gave me free range to do what I wanted with a few requests. Needed to be cross draw... Well I guess that was it. I thoroughly enjoyed putting this together. The holster is about a 7-9oz lined with 2-3oz. Belt is the same, just went with a chap leather for the liner. Up to this point, it was the most hand stitching I have ever done. The customer loved it. 

Just thought I would share a few pics. Always love seeing everyone else's pics so it was time to share some of mine. 

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Very nice, what isn't there to like.

Looked good from here, . . . only thing I saw missing were the cartridge loops, . . . then I realized it was a cap and ball Ruger, . . . 

Good job..........

May God bless,

Dwight

wow that is some fine work indeed. That belt took some time I'll bet.

Thanks for the compliments. My hand stitching has gotten a lot faster since I do so much of it.

3 hours ago, Dwight said:

Looked good from here, . . . only thing I saw missing were the cartridge loops, . . . then I realized it was a cap and ball Ruger, . . . 

Good job..........

May God bless,

Dwight

Correct was bummed I couldn't do bullet loops because of cap and ball. I am working on a restoration of a rig that will include bullet loops. It's a piece that has a lot of sentimental value to the customer. He wants it modified from 45LC to 357 and as many loops as it can fit. Will post pics soon

Absolutely Outstanding!

May I ask, what die and color did you use, and did you die the ( very clean ) edges with the same die?

JS

That is a lot of hand stitching and you did it well.  It looks great.

Great work! That will be a nice rig to wear at the range

Very nicely done!. 

The holster and belt work really well together. I like the tooling on the chape and billet which offsets the simplicity of the more plain gunfighter stitched belt. Then throw in the carved and tooled holster, and you have a winning combination. I also think the dye color used is the perfect choice for this rig.

My only question is, Will the billet tip even reach the second keeper if belt is buckled through the middle hole on the billet? I can only see five holes in the billet, from the photos above.

Regardless, I would be proud to wear that rig. More importantly the customer loved it.

Sure is a pretty rig. 

On 1/29/2020 at 10:49 AM, JSage said:

Absolutely Outstanding!

May I ask, what die and color did you use, and did you die the ( very clean ) edges with the same die?

JS

I used a mahogany antique dye, just didn't use any kind of resist.

Edited by pmieras2000

On 1/30/2020 at 4:14 PM, RemingtonSteel said:

Very nicely done!. 

The holster and belt work really well together. I like the tooling on the chape and billet which offsets the simplicity of the more plain gunfighter stitched belt. Then throw in the carved and tooled holster, and you have a winning combination. I also think the dye color used is the perfect choice for this rig.

My only question is, Will the billet tip even reach the second keeper if belt is buckled through the middle hole on the billet? I can only see five holes in the billet, from the photos above.

Regardless, I would be proud to wear that rig. More importantly the customer loved it.

Very observant. The billet tip reaches the second keeper for the customers current waist and how he intends to wear it. 

Darn!  That holster and belt looks AWESOME!!   Congrats!  I would especially be proud to wear that rig.

Vikefan

Beautifully executed! Fine craftsmanship!

You should do more of then, because this one is gorgeous!

Nice looking rig.