A bag for my daughter. All hand stitched including the straps. Unfortunately it wasn’t to her taste and she turned it down.

827FFBF4-86AB-4A10-9D1E-99739C1E758C.jpeg

DD8A50A3-7DD4-4961-9830-E9723BBCC34E.jpeg

FDB44A8B-4A37-4DCA-ACB9-7ECEAE1A87E1.jpeg

5E3F628D-9847-4721-A62B-FAB858F7D44E.jpeg

000F443C-4B25-474A-B3C7-F32C2D42AB08.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Dunluce said:

she turned it down

WOW! She … turned it DOWN? Such a great looking piece of luggage. I especially like the lining fabric, that's a very nice twist.

Oh, that is quite a sad story. Beautiful work!

All that hand stitching and so well done...

I'm sure there is a buyer out there some where.

nick

Very nice what a shame

she turned it down. 

Great looking tote, that! And kids just say the darnest things, and it must be because you've given her a choice of an even nicer one! ;-)

That is a FANTASTIC bag!  The stitching is flawless, edges well done, awesome liner - everything to love about it, nothing not to like!  It will make it's way into the hands of an appreciative owner eventually!  Folks are pretty selective about their purse styles... oh well.

YinTx

Beautiful bag.  What reason did she give?  My youngest turned down a tote I made for her but it was for a good reason I guess, she is a tiny thing and she said it was just too heavy for her.  I made it out of 5-7 oz. buffalo, thinking it would be a "last forever" bag, but it just didn't do it for her.

Very well done. Linings are always a nemesis of mine. That came out great! I'm sorry she didn't accept it but I'm sure it won't be hard to sell or give to someone else! That's a lot of work there. Good job

She'll regret it when it's gone. Good job. Those edges alone must've taken a while.

It would take her to long to find her mobile phone in there, Young ladies today only want what they can hold in one hand, eg. purse, 'cause they are holding the mobile to there ear with the other hand..

Bert.

PS.

Very nice bag, I bet some one out there would love to carry it.

Edited by Bert51

She said it was too ‘mature’ for her. I gave it away to someone who loves it and was over the moon to be given it.

Too late to sell her to the gypsies?

J/K! What a beautiful bag! Did you do the dye work on the green or did it come dyed? I like the stippled look and someone had a question about how it is done in a different thread, so if you did it, please share how!

8 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Too late to sell her to the gypsies?

J/K! What a beautiful bag! Did you do the dye work on the green or did it come dyed? I like the stippled look and someone had a question about how it is done in a different thread, so if you did it, please share how!

No the leather comes like that. It is Badalassi Pueblo. You can buy it at Rocky Mountain leather or AA Crack here in the UK. Not cheap but lovely to work with.

Wonderful job! I made my wife a tote for Christmas and it was simple but hand stitching everything was VERY time consuming. So again great execution. May I ask how you did the interior. I assume you sewed a bag then glued it and stitched it up with the inner ring? Did you trim the lining back a few mm from where the leather connected at the top to allow for burnishing? 

Thanks, 

Bryan

3 hours ago, BentleyLeather said:

Wonderful job! I made my wife a tote for Christmas and it was simple but hand stitching everything was VERY time consuming. So again great execution. May I ask how you did the interior. I assume you sewed a bag then glued it and stitched it up with the inner ring? Did you trim the lining back a few mm from where the leather connected at the top to allow for burnishing? 

Thanks, 

Bryan

Yes that’s pretty much how I did it except I only glued it to the  ring. It doesn’t need to be stitched as you have solid 3 cm of adhesive the whole way around.

As you say iit was very time consuming and labour intensive which makes it all the more galling that when I talked to the person I gave it to a couple of days later she had lost it. Talk about pi@@ed off!

6 minutes ago, Dunluce said:

Yes that’s pretty much how I did it except I only glued it to the  ring. It doesn’t need to be stitched as you have solid 3 cm of adhesive the whole way around.

As you say iit was very time consuming and labour intensive which makes it all the more galling that when I talked to the person I gave it to a couple of days later she had lost it. Talk about pi@@ed off!

OMG! That's like losing a child, TWICE.

The person you gave it to LOST IT? How do you just "lose" a bag? :no:

I can't... even...just...

Well, we can only hope that another person found it and realizes what it is, rather than a 20 dollar generic bag from generic store.