wizcam

New and wanted to share

I am retired and thought I would try my had at leather wok. I really like it so far, but I have a lot to learn. I have also been playing around with inkscape, a vector graphics program. I recently stated wearing overall's because they are very comfortable, but I didn't have any place to carry my keys so I came up with a solution that works for me and I thought I would share. Let me know what you think of my Idea as well as my graphics work.

Thanks

Stan Campbell

Lockbourne, OH

Overall Key Ring.pdf

Welcome @wizcam and may I thank you for so early going to the effort of sharing. Looks pretty good to me.:)

I love the clean and simple PDF! Welcome and keep up the fantastic pattern making. :)

On 2/1/2020 at 9:28 PM, wizcam said:

I am retired and thought I would try my had at leather wok. I really like it so far, but I have a lot to learn. I have also been playing around with inkscape, a vector graphics program. I recently stated wearing overall's because they are very comfortable, but I didn't have any place to carry my keys so I came up with a solution that works for me and I thought I would share. Let me know what you think of my Idea as well as my graphics work.

Thanks

Stan Campbell

Lockbourne, OH

Overall Key Ring.pdf

Getting to grips with any drawing software isn't easy so kudos for that.This has reminded me of something that's been sitting on my workbench for ages. It's a simple key fob that you can stand your phone on when watching something in the pub. This one didn't work but I think the concept is good. needs a press stud or something to hold it folded. Excuse the pic quality.

704957035_KeyFob070.thumb.jpg.51aab42b921d31fbd0cf7b06155677d9.jpg1457775084_KeyFob069.thumb.jpg.cb30f56da5fa264220727eaa602665d8.jpg

@toxo I think you have made the same mistake I did with my first try, I used to thick leather, then my eyelet was not long enough to hold the ends together.

Second try I use half the thickness of leather and it worked okay for me.

Bert.