Well it's been nearly a year since I first got into leather working. This is my most recent project, a leather cuirass with a matching oversized belt. 

DSC04818-01-01.thumb.jpeg.6b6b0cdb6ef1fbed35c2ceae583eaa17.jpegDSC04762-01-01-01.thumb.jpeg.5a062571a08598a08aef8bb726563222.jpeg

That looks amazing, I've never made anything like this but I can appreciate the work involved in just getting the compound curves to fit right.

Nice job 

Oh wow!  That's amazing!

4 hours ago, Albob said:

That looks amazing, I've never made anything like this but I can appreciate the work involved in just getting the compound curves to fit right.

Nice job 

Thanks, It was quite the task, but tons of fun.

4 hours ago, Smartee said:

Oh wow!  That's amazing!

4 hours ago, Hardrada said:

Very cool!

3 hours ago, LatigoAmigo said:

Wow, that's doin' some talkin'. Very nice.

Appreciate it folks

Looks very good! One question though: those little straps underneath the armpit cut out - won't thosebbuckles be problematic and scratch the wearer when it is in use?

Wow thats Beautiful work !

Great job! It looks amazing!

17 hours ago, Riem said:

Looks very good! One question though: those little straps underneath the armpit cut out - won't thosebbuckles be problematic and scratch the wearer when it is in use?

Thank you! And honestly in the long run idk, shes worn it a couple of times already and had no issues. I'm pretty new to armor making, but it seems rather common to have straps on the side under the arm from what I've seen in other makes.

17 hours ago, Samalan said:

Wow thats Beautiful work !

8 hours ago, Alectia said:

Great job! It looks amazing!

Thank you very much!

Edited by PeterO

I'm always amazed by this kind of work. My first question is why? Personal reasons? Re-enactment? Is there a market for this kind of thing? I would guess film makers would fall over themselves to get stuff like this but wouldn't you need the contacts? Whatever the reason it's amazing work and must take an awful long time to work everything out. I just made a shopping tote from scratch and I got a headache. Very well done sir.

Looks good... Nice work. How many hours?

1 hour ago, toxo said:

I'm always amazed by this kind of work. My first question is why? Personal reasons? Re-enactment? Is there a market for this kind of thing? I would guess film makers would fall over themselves to get stuff like this but wouldn't you need the contacts? Whatever the reason it's amazing work and must take an awful long time to work everything out. I just made a shopping tote from scratch and I got a headache. Very well done sir.

I originally got into this kind of leather work for personal use to wear at fairs and festivals, and I love designing and crafting armor. While I admire the craftmanship I just could never get into the usual bags, belts, wallets, etc.. I've tried it and always got bored to death. After getting into the craft though i found out theres actually a huge market for it both in the US and abroad for folks like me who use it for festivals, cosplay, etc.. as well as guys who do reenactments and such.

1 hour ago, DV8DUG said:

Looks good... Nice work. How many hours?

Honestly I didnt really keep track, worked on it off and on since the middle of December I think. Maybe 100hours or so if counting the design process on paper before touching any leather 

Beautiful piece of work. Very nicely done.

Look up Azmal ..
Put the following line into Google
site:leatherworker.net azmal