Teslabolt

Proper Knee Lift Placement

On a Consew 206RB-1, I have the small lever at the bottom, not the roller like the newer models. Does anyone know where the best placement is for these? I am having a heck of a time trying to get mine to work just right. It will lift up okay, but it gets stuck and won't release. I have tried multiple areas and I really don't want to drill more holes. Any help would be appreciated. 

IMG_2398.jpeg

IMG_2399.jpeg

IMG_2400.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

Sometimes it's just a tiny adjustment.  Be sure to set the knee lift stop (near the front of the knee lift rod).  If the stop is not set correctly, it allows the knee lift to move too far and it will bind up.

Raise the foot with the hand lever, then try the knee lift.  It should just go high enough to release the hand lever, no higher.  

Good luck! 

I thought to warn you to allow a bit of free movement but the Kansas weather is a whole heap cooler on average than over here where 100 F is not unusual. Here a bloke gets loose tension on the bottom side pretty quick running with them set ups. Good to allow for a 1 to 11 o'clock  before it moves if you get what I mean.

See attached, this should help.

206_style_knee_lift.jpg

Thank you, Gregg - It appears I have the orientation correct, but I can't make out the diagram showing the measurements on that first picture. Mine did not come with a spring, not sure if that will make a difference. 

Does this help or am I to late?

Bert.

Knee Lifter.jpg

Edited by Bert51

@Teslabolt your photos show that you have the lifting rod above the main shaft. The diagrams show it below the shaft. You have to take the lifting rod bracket off the  main shaft and flip it over when you put it back on.

The center line of the main shaft should be 182mm to the left of the of the right edge of the cutout on the table.

John

1 hour ago, JJN said:

The diagrams show it below the shaft. You have to take the lifting rod bracket off the  main shaft and flip it over when you put it back on.

Took me a bit to work that out but in case it helps the lifting rod should be to the right of the main shaft not the left. Good pick up there @JJN :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, JJN said:

@Teslabolt your photos show that you have the lifting rod above the main shaft. The diagrams show it below the shaft. You have to take the lifting rod bracket off the  main shaft and flip it over when you put it back on.

The center line of the main shaft should be 182mm to the left of the of the right edge of the cutout on the table.

John

Not sure I understand what you mean about the lifting rod and main shaft. Can you be more specific and help me determine which is which?

@Teslabolt, what I am referring to as the main shaft is the long rod that goes between the two 'v' shaped mounting brackets. The lifting rod is the short rod with the bend in it that pushes against the drag lever on your machine. I made some edits to the illustration provided by @Gregg From Keystone Sewing above to show you why I think you have the lifting rod bracket on backwards or upside down.

bracket-photo.jpg

lift-bracket.jpg

On 2/9/2020 at 11:13 PM, Bert51 said:

Does this help or am I to late?

Bert.

Knee Lifter.jpg

103997EA-D29D-4777-B88D-90A4AAD853D3.thumb.jpeg.6be5edd3049ba2a091b9dec8b8bca2e3.jpeg

I’m refurbishing the table top that came with a 206RB-1. It is a Singer top with Singer knee lift. Trying to figure the placement of the knee lift. I have the roller lever for a 206 RB-5 on the machine. Using the assembly drawing (lower) from a SEIKO STH-8BLD-3, the shaft center line is 210 mm. Also found a drawing (top) for a 206RB-1, center line is 182 mm. What placement should I use?
Can anyone get a measurement from their machine? Thanks.