Sign in to follow this  
nylonRigging

Never to old to learn a lesson, ( buying Thread ) .

Been so long since I bought off Ebay,  ' I forget ' the Shyster's that roam around that place ....LOL . Was a real good reminder to stick with your usual distributors .
& will make this a quick read .  .

Was browsing on-line for some more nylon #69 in a specific color/tone few weeks back. Was getting low on 1 color, and could use another 15-20 16oz rolls of it .
I really like a good color of light-medium Tan/beaver in tone, as it a real good 'Chameleon' color with stitching certain items . I do have a few 'go-to' dealers I usually buy from ..but , I got a bright idea to just go on-line to do a quick random search anyway .

So.., I see and clik-on this one add and it gets directed to Ebay seller .  So I look at that picture of the Thread they are selling on the 16oz nylon in light-beaver, and I like the Dye tone of that color he selling in that Pic.
So I play it safe . ( I not to stupid..LOL ) ..before blindly buying a large # cones . I log-in and I order just ( 1 )  Roll .. to take a look at, and string-up on a machine and check-out with throwing down a few stitches down . The Color/dye tone is great ! ..  and it nice and smooth and tensions great .. I SOooooo Happy ...WuHhoo .

So I look at there ebay-Score and it really good, and they been selling there a few years . I message the seller and ask ..." Hey . How many rolls do you have of this particular color I just bought, in 16oz. size 69 nylon Thread " ?
They says ..." I only have 14 rolls left ". , and throws me a price that is fair ( 18-$/roll, and free ship ) for taking all remaining rolls in that color .
So I pop over payment to seller, Co. ( ThreadXXXXXX ) out of NC. . a week later, I get this 20-Lb. box delivered . I open it up and there are ( 14 ), 16oz rolls of Tan/beaver #69 in there . .... BUT .

here's my yearly life lesson
in colorblind shyster's .. They are in Different ' color Tones' , different Manufactures, and all Rolls have there manufacture Mill-tag on the bottom removed . With one roll of the 14 actually size #92 that has a grease spot on it . ( in Pic. ) , I stacked the Rolls that did match each other .

-- I had to take and save pic. of them to share my forgotten ..  Ebay Love .. :wub:

495866730_ThreadDirectFraud.thumb.jpg.39dbd610c905210e2ffbe2b3ef50f95f.jpg

-

Edited by nylonRigging

Well don´t blame the market place, blame the seller. I had 99.5% good experience on Ebay. You can have shysters in local brick an mortar stores, on Etsy, on Amazon, craigslist or elsewhere - again, its not the market place its the seller.

But I agree - that seller mus be color blind - any response from them?

Never heard the word shyster before, had to google it - reminds me of the German "Scheißkerl". Have to save it in my vocabulary book.

Shyster .....LOL , my grand parents and father Swiss. I guess that explain why you recognize it in German dialect, I use that word my whole life, as my oldman use to use the word all the time for the shady people description .

yes i agree it not the host site, it the seller that using the Site to misrepresent items they selling and take advantage of people just for a few dollar profit. 
I wish the seller was only color blind, but the seller is premeditated in the act, as reason he strips all the ID. mill tags off bottom of cones identifying make/color/size ..etc

There not worth wasting energy and time on. I got no time to waste and just throw the Cones on the thread shelves and move-on . It to bad there 'shysters' as I would have bought another 50 cones off them of that factory run if they were legit thread dealer and could snag more of it . They think there making a few dollars and laugh about it,  but in reality they are screwing themselves out of sales . The legit dealers always deal straight and pull ahead with there good customer service for the long run .

edit add: .  I never thought much about the word till you mentioned it, so I looked it up just a minute ago for it's original origin .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shyster

-

Edited by nylonRigging