I just bought a Consew 225.The machine works great.My problem is my legs don't work and I'm in a wheelchair.I need to set up some kind of hand control.I'm in the process of installing a servo motor.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Jack

Edited by Wizcrafts
Corrected spelling of Consew

I've never head of a brand named Consequence, or Congee. A photo would help us reply to your concerns.

Maybe you meant Consew 225?

So if I understand correctly, it's the servo pedal you need to switch over to hand controls.  

My first thought was the Sailrite servo that uses a foot pedal like a domestic sewing machine.  It just has wires running to the pedal, no rods.  So, I would think you could mount that over on the right side of the table and run it with your hand.

Otherwise, I might look at a bicycle brake lever and cable to activate the servo.

Another custom idea...Basically the short lever arm on the servo just needs to move down slightly to start the motor.  I'm wondering if a simple handle/lever setup that pivots under the table would work?  Seems like you could get some good leverage that way.    

Edited by Pintodeluxe

Sorry folks,it's a consew 225.That's what happens when I don't read my post.Jack

Edited by stiffbackjack
Spelling

This solution was offered by one company, unfortunately the video doesn't work nor can I reach the website? Basically like Pinto said, a bicycle brake lever and cable adapted to fit the control linkage on the servo motor.

18 minutes ago, dikman said:

This solution was offered by one company, unfortunately the video doesn't work nor can I reach the website? Basically like Pinto said, a bicycle brake lever and cable adapted to fit the control linkage on the servo motor.

I remember that post and there were quite a few other good points in it as well.

Thanks to everyone who replied.I tried to contact Solar Leather but couldn't get a answer.I will try to come up with something.I'll let you know how it turns out.Jack

22 minutes ago, stiffbackjack said:

Thanks to everyone who replied.I tried to contact Solar Leather but couldn't get a answer.I will try to come up with something.I'll let you know how it turns out.Jack

Another post this morning indicates they are out of business. 

Tom

Yes, please post if you figure something out as it might be of help to others. As most servos use a similar operating lever, which has a relatively short travel, it shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to hand lever operation.

This motor:

https://store.keysew.com/sp-1100-npfl

...or similar ones where the speed control unit/lever is detachable would do the trick. Motors where the control is separate and has a cable that goes to the main box. I often set the control lever on top of the table when I'm initially setting up the machine. Attaching a handle to the treadle lever and attaching the control unit to the table top would seem an easy enough thing to do. The control unit is attached to the underside table by a sturdy L-bracket, should be easy enough to attach it up top.