tbone669

Hello and thank you.

Hey everyone.

I started my leather journey in 2017.  I craft for relaxation and for a hobby.  I tell myself that someday I will offer up my goods for sale in a craft fair or farmers market but that day seems farther away than ever.  

I pick projects for myself. Some days its a project that I think will be easy and bring me relaxation, others it is a complex project that provides a challenge. 

I have built commissioned pieces a couple times and I've disliked the experience.  I prefer to build the things I like and hope someday someone else likes it enough to buy it.  The problem is I can't seem to get through a project without that one blemish or faux pas.

LW has helped a lot, and I thought I should finally become a member, a member that participates. Thanks to the content on LW, I've recently picked up the TechSew 2750 Pro.

Tim

IMG_0970 (2).JPG

IMG_1286 (2).JPG

IMG_3605.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG

Hi Tim, All of your projects look pretty good to me. Are you maybe, being a little hard on yourself by seeing blemishes that are not really a blemish, but a "design feature"? Keep up the good work.

Your work looks quite good Tim  :)  Although I can't see a ' blemish or a faux pas '  in your work  ' , but thats what makes the item individual & unique .  Love the blue & white lining on the  shoulder/tablet  bag .  I thinks its quite stunning  :)

HS

Hi Tim,

All you work looks well executed to me. One question I have is the knife sheath. I am not a sheath guy so I ask the question out not knowing. I see you have form the leather with retention for the blade. will the leather hold it retention after the knife is pulled and put back in a couple hundred times?

hey all,

Thanks for the nice comments and for looking.

Yes I am hard on myself. I think most of us crafters are. I take pride in what I build; I need to have confidence that it will last.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:00 AM, sinpac said:

will the leather hold it retention after the knife is pulled and put back in a couple hundred times?

I think it will. I have a retention snap to hold in the gut hook. So as it loosens over the years it can only be pulled up and out once the snap is opened. I don’t think it would work up and out when worn, nor fall out if not on a belt if the snap is closed. It’s a good question though and I will see if I can pull it out without opening the snap.

its probably only been used 6-10 times (in rain and snow) so far and it’s worked well.

Tim, I agree with the others, your work looks great.  Nothing is perfect, even when performed by machine.  Just look at all of the posts about issues people have with sewing machines.  So carry on, you are on the right path.

I got nothing to add really so I'll just welcome you from the shadows :-)

Keep up the good work!