R8R

Deleted

Hello moderators. I see some posts I made here in the forum have been deleted because I was recommending someone avoid a particular brand of machine that is advertised here. I did not give details of my issues with them, I did not make false statements, I just said to avoid the brand. If we can't state opinions here or give recommendations on what to look out for, (to help people avoid costly mistakes)  what is the point here?

I shall avoid this forum from now on. So I guess go ahead and delete this post too.

:)

Good day.

9 minutes ago, R8R said:

I did not give details of my issues with them

I´m not a moderator but thats the point I guess, when you had issues with certain brands or dealers some more details would be nice. ;)

Biting the hand that feeds you is never a good idea. And some of the people who sell those machines are much respected members of this forum.

I am sure if you had detailed the problems you've had, without trashing the manufacturer, you would have gotten the help and support you need. 

I think this forum has shown the most level headed, unbiased moderating of any forum I have been part of. 

Did you ask why you were moderated? There is likely a reasonable answer.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:26 AM, R8R said:

I see some posts I made here in the forum have been deleted

This is the reason and I have to say I agree with it.  "Dissing one of our advertisers. The customer has a vendetta with Techsew."

You were not willing to identify the problems as asked to by several members that could have promoted a fair discussion.  There is no need for this type of behavior. 

We need to be fair and well behaved in our discussions rather than promoting dissent amongst our members, visitors, and the vendors that support this site through their advertising.  Whether you diss members, supporting vendors, or other vendors, it is not appreciated by most of the members here.

Tom

^^^ What Tom said in his first line.
I'm not a customer of any of the advertisers here, nor am I ever likely to be, the shipping from the USA would kill me..
But they keep the lights on..people dissing them, ( some posters seem to have vendettas against some advertisers ) and either are so vague that the advertiser cannot defend themselves against what is "innuendo" , ( or even when specifics are mentioned, and the advertiser bends over backwards to try to correct mistakes, they carry on the vendetta ) in a venue which would not exist if it were not for them ( the advertisers ) , is not helping anyone..Members or advertisers.

Personally I find the way that all the advertisers here help out people ( especially with machine problems ) who are not their customers..is to be commended..I wish it was that way the world over.

I spent 3 hours earlier today on the phone with a ( USA based, the biggest one ) domain registrar ( not the only registrar with whom I have domain names, but the one with whom I have the largest number, for the longest time )with whom I have hundreds of domains registered for the last 20 years or so, someone there made a mistake, cost me time and money..But their supervisory support staff did all they could to fix it..and did so..courteously..IME,( from dealing with many companies worldwide, for many decades ) the customer service from USA and Canadian companies is the best there is. :)

edited... to include the Canadians..who have also always been great to deal with..

ps..my French bank ( business account ) screwed up far worse today..charged me a lot of money for a service that I had specifically said I did not want, so I have not ever signed for...They were shut for the weekend by the time that I noticed..They'll probably fix it Tuesday ( they are shut Monday too ) with bad grace ( like they always do..every month a different screw up..and they are the best of the bunch available here..I have tried them all here..businesses here cannot use one that is not based here ) ..Usually they ( any business , or government or state or city hall etc here, banks included , hang up when you , the customer or taxpayer, ) complain about their screw ups, so you have to go see them..my being a large guy, that gets their attention..Next month it will be something else..and so on ..after 3 decades here, I know that good , competent , customer service is a foreign concept here..

In relation to customer service...You guys do not know how lucky you are..

Edited by mikesc

And for general information, the posts were not deleted, but hidden from view of forum general members/users.  If any legalities could arise, the posts are still here and could be used in court.  Might require a subpoena to obtain it.  So I would think twice about defaming or slandering anyone in your posts.

Tom

I find it sad that people cannot not talk civically and sort out their problems, sometimes the problem will turnout to be insignificant if discussed civilly.

But that is only my opinion.

Bert.

7 hours ago, Bert51 said:

I find it sad that people cannot not talk civically and sort out their problems, sometimes the problem will turnout to be insignificant if discussed civilly.

But that is only my opinion.

Bert.

Bert, it isn't only your opinion.  Lots of us feel the same.  Thanks for your post, it is encouraging!

Ray