Rolandranch

Pancake style knife sheath

Hi all!

Here's a knife sheath I did a little bit ago. Always think the airbrush is fun to play with. Stitched on my CB4500. 

I really need to get some large slot punches because punching holes and cutting between ain't my cup of tea. 

0.jpg.f26b30788630e0c7684195274d5b747f.jpg

Also, anyone going to the Southwest Leather Workers Trade Show in Prescott this year? I'll be entering saddle #2 in the emerging saddle maker contest. :)

All the best,

Ryan

Edited by Rolandranch

Thats another nice piece of work.

Bestest wishes for the contest

Love that sheath and judging by the things you've posted here you will do great in the competition.

@fredk @akguy59 Thanks guys!

Here's a sneak peek of the swells of the saddle I'm working on. Only 5% of the grade goes toward decoration so I got put my swivel knife down and make sure I'm getting the lines right. :lol:

Screenshot_20200208-001901_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b27d3a134bb0f7da315463c131ab2d08.jpg

Ryan

That's a great looking sheath.

I'll be there, taking a class on the 25th

I hear ya on the slots. The punches are pretty expensive too.  I've been using a sharpened carpenters chisel to cut between the punched holes. Really cleaned up the slots.....until I can buy some punches.

Nice sheath and saddle. Your tooling is awesome. Good Luck at Prescott. I went last year and it was worth every penny and minute. The 1000 miles one way was a tough drive on an old man. Though it is 50 miles closer than Sheridan. :P

Randy

Edited by rktaylor
updated

Wow.. That saddle is awesome work..!!! 

Question... You really should put stitching on each side of the blade on that sheath, so as to not stitch it in can cut your outside stitching, plus it will retain the knife better if done that way.. JMO.

Please see the one I did a while ago.  See Attachment.

Vikefan.

IMG_20190731_194230186-1.jpg

Edited by Vikefan

29 minutes ago, Vikefan said:

Wow.. That saddle is awesome work..!!! 

Question... You really should put stitching on each side of the blade on that sheath, so as to not stitch it in can cut your outside stitching, plus it will retain the knife better if done that way.. JMO.

Please see the one I did a while ago.  See Attachment.

Vikefan.

IMG_20190731_194230186-1.jpg

Thank you!

I see what you're saying. I dont think it will cut through the stitches because I added a welt. It's not necessary for folding knives but I wanted to be sure it fit snug and didn't cut any stitches. 

Your sheath looks fantastic by the way! 

Ryan

Nice work Ryan. Good luck at the show.