Philaupatte

Look for a complete shuttle for Pearson model 2

Hi, 

Hope I will not bother anyone as I don't know really where to go. I got a Pearson 6 model 2, and I am looking for a complete shuttle new or second hand. Does anyone know where is the best place to go ? To be honest I did find one however price was around  $560 that is more or less the price of my entire machine. I'll really appreciate if somebody has any idea or even a more good proposal. Many thanks.

01-General view.jpg

02-Machine Model.jpg

03-General view Part Broken.jpg

04-Inside Part Bbroken.jpg

Edited by Philaupatte

Don't know if you have tried this,  company if not they may be able to help you. Although not cheap,  but if you need it then you need it so you may have to bite the bullet and purchase one even at those prices,  and if you got the machine that cheap you have got yourself a real bargain -  so to have a machine working you may have go for it.

http://www.aaronmartin.com/product.php?cat_id=1560&submit=View&catview=20&s=Harness Maker Tools & More&catview2=&catview3=&s2=&s3=

Hope this helps

JCUK

I agree with JCUK.  The #6 is renowned for quality of stitch and reliability. These machines are 100 years old and still bring in a good price.  You indicated the price of the shuttle almost equals the purchase price of the machine.  You could almost triple your money should you decide to sell.  Apart from Aaron Martin in Canada, I would try Singermania in Australia by Googling the name.

Good luck

Leo

On 2/8/2020 at 9:00 AM, Philaupatte said:

Hi, 

Hope I will not bother anyone as I don't know really where to go. I got a Pearson 6 model 2, and I am looking for a complete shuttle new or second hand. Does anyone know where is the best place to go ? To be honest I did find one however price was around  $560 that is more or less the price of my entire machine. I'll really appreciate if somebody has any idea or even a more good proposal. Many thanks.

01-General view.jpg

02-Machine Model.jpg

03-General view Part Broken.jpg

04-Inside Part Bbroken.jpg

What is wrong with your shuttle, the broken screw? that screw can be easily replaced and you can buy a new spring too.

I'm with Tor -- your shuttle looks quite serviceable (certainly better nick than either of the ones I have). What issues are you having with it?

Not sure what thread form the tension spring screws are but even if you have to send the remaining one to a machinist to be duplicated it'll cost you less than a new shuttle. How's your tension spring? There was a chap on here a few years ago who was gearing up reproduce them but he's dropped off the radar.

Also, if CAN$560 doubles the price of your machine you should see the price of a new machine that can do similar work. Juki 441s are about £/€/$7K new. Chinese 441 clones are about 2-3K.

Incidentally, it looks like your No6 was fitted with a wax heating apparatus, though bits appear missing. There's not many complete setups left. Any chance of some closeups?

On 2/8/2020 at 4:00 PM, Philaupatte said:

Hope I will not bother anyone

No bother whatsoever ,  :) :)

I had a quick look around, no luck in my neck of the woods , Australia

However, I agree with Greenwood regarding price. 

Have a look at this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pearson-6-Harness-Leather-Stitcher-Sewing-Machine-British-United-Shoe-Machinery-/264403734733

That makes it around $4500- $5000  Australian

WOW !!! 

HS

Isn't that a clone of the Landis #1?  Sharon??

10 hours ago, MikeRock said:

Isn't that a clone of the Landis #1?  Sharon??

Nope, looks similar in style, but the Pearson shuttle is about half the size.  Supposedly a Pearson shuttle will drop in a Bauer machine, but not vice versa. I haven't tried it yet, but that comes from a guy who would know.

Thanks!~