JLSleather

Ads at the top ... $?

Freedom of speech even in the USA does not mean that you can post what you like to other people's websites..it means that your government may not restrict your freedom of speech..that is all..

The word "profanity" does not mean what you think it does...

You do use random caps like JLS..

When you understand the difference between the words "there" and "their"..and "clicks" and "cliques"..and "your" and "you're" ..I'll perhaps consider listening to you about what words ( and their meanings )  are..

This thread cracks me up you have people complaining about someone complaining about vendors, or other things . You have members using profanity in there posts . But hey as long as your part of the click who cares right? I thought we were all adults here ! 

You did ( in your comment that was removed ) ..insinuate very clearly that "donating" to the site would make mods not mod certain comments..and then suddenly you begin asking how to donate..?   The mods here cannot be "bought"..you impugned their integrity..

Edited by mikesc

HEY MIKESC HOWS THIS , IF. FEEL LIKE USING CAPS I WILL . I THOUGHT THIS WAS A LEATHER SITE NOT A GRAMMAR SITE . PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH . 

5 minutes ago, wayner said:

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A LEATHER SITE NOT A GRAMMAR SITE

There is no need to shout... we want to all be on our best behavior.

LatinoAmigo  my apologies to you Sir and to the Forum . My button was pushed by someone who wasn't worth me wasting my time. It just amazes me how people want to complain about someone complaining, it's a vicious circle . So if you feel the need to attack me over my spelling , or my grammar by all means knock yourself out if it helps you sleep at night. 

LatigoAmigo sorry I spelled your name wrong in the post above . I fat fingered the Keyboard . 

"There is no need to shout..." precisely "..  :)

"we want to all be on our best behavior." ..Some of us do indeed, ..however...some others here ..I often wonder ..?

There is no reason at all why one cannot use correct grammar and spelling on  any site, be it a "leather site" or " a gardening site" etc.

Added to which , there are many people reading and posting here ( this is an international site ) for whom English is not their first language, they will have greater difficulty understanding what any of us are saying if we use slang, or misspellings, or inaccurate and, or incorrect grammar ..worse still, they may think that the inaccurate and, or incorrect spelling and grammar is actually correct and begin expressing themselves that way when writing or speaking.

I learned to speak and to write the other languages (in addition to English ) that I speak by listening to speakers of those language who speak grammatically correctly and clearly..and reading what they wrote, and write.. Why not strive to be as correct in one's speech and writing, as in one's leather work or anything else one does..As my grandfather used to say "why plough a crooked furrow due to lazyness*, when you know how to plough a straight one".

*Local spelling variations not withstanding..I think in the USA you would write laziness..Both are acceptable variants..lazeenes ( do you see where I'm going with this ) however would be, and is, totally incorrect.