Doug61

New from Aus

Hi all, first post here and thought I would introduce myself. Firstly I'm a knife maker and recently I've become a lot more interested in improving my leatherwork skills and making some wallets, purses and the like. I really enjoy hand stitching, even though it is sometimes a little frustrating, and I like using finer threads and lots of colours. Also been having some fun recently making some of my own leather work tools, quite a bit different to what I normally do.

Cheers, Doug

On 2/12/2020 at 11:01 PM, Doug61 said:

Hi all, first post here and thought I would introduce myself. Firstly I'm a knife maker and recently I've become a lot more interested in improving my leatherwork skills and making some wallets, purses and the like. I really enjoy hand stitching, even though it is sometimes a little frustrating, and I like using finer threads and lots of colours. Also been having some fun recently making some of my own leather work tools, quite a bit different to what I normally do.

Cheers, Doug

Welcome Doug. 

I find leather working very satisfying. Aussie are bit thin here, but I have learnt a lot reading heaps here. You may end up collecting sewing machines. 

BTW I'm in Baulkham Hills, NSW

matthew

There's a few of us hiding in the bushes, I'm south of the Murray in central Victoria.

Bert.

G'day Doug, you've found the best site, bar none, when it comes to leatherworking. Just be careful, if you get the sewing machine bug there's no cure.:lol:

G'day Doug, South of Perth W.A. here I suggest looking around your local area to see if there's a Leatherworkers Association, club, guild or similar. Heaps of things you can learn and people to bounce ideas off.

Most important thing of all … Have fun with it.

Welcome  Doug61 enjoy the site