Reegesc

This Art Form Is Going Straight To Hell

On 11/3/2020 at 8:28 AM, Tugadude said:

Regarding transportation costs, you really struck a nerve because I'm in an industry dependent upon delivery at a number of different levels.  Trucking is a nightmare, both inbound freight and at the distributor level.  Finding drivers with the proper licenses, who is drug-free and shows up for work is nearly impossible it seems.  The average age of truck drivers in the U.S. is currently around 49.  The shortage of truck drivers is estimated at around 60,000 right now and expected to increase to 160,000 by 2028. 

Holy ****!! :o

On 10/30/2020 at 10:55 AM, cseeger said:

@JhLeatherwood --- You are spot on about Tony See.  He is singularly the bright spot in leather craft today.  I've had many conversations with him and his Facebook group are a fanatical group of fans.   Talk about creative...wow.  The guy just blows me away.

I am fortunate in that I did a trade with Tony several years ago and am now the proud owner of one of his pilot helmets. Really top-notch work.

Hi....I've seen various posts a couple of years old on this, yet none that appeared to have any effective subtleties on driving an motor. I need to track down an motor to supplant the normal AC engine on the sewing machine. I should have the option to precisely control the speed of the motor. I've worked a little with stepper motors, yet I can't get the rpm I need for the sewing machine engine. (Around 1200 RPM). It not genuine quick, yet it appears to be quicker than the functioning scope of steppers. So is my lone other alternative a DC motor with an encoder appended? I'm not having a lot of karma looking for a little engine like this. Does anybody have any involvement in exact control of an engine cap may work for this application?

Could you not use a DC to Ac converter along with a modern servo motor with or without a speed reducer, if you are relying on DC as your only power source

6 hours ago, BriggTrim said:

I need to track down an motor to supplant the normal AC engine on the sewing machine.

You are over thinking this and making it too complicated.  A good sewing machine servo motor, preferably analog rather than digital, and a speed reducer pulley set.  Need the pulley set to be able to keep the motor speed up enough that you still have adequate torque.  You should check out posts in the "leather sewing machine" forum.

It's also a good idea to put your location in your profile so we can see where you are located.  From your IP address, you appear to be in California.  So we know that most homes / businesses are served with 120 VAC 60 Hz. power in your area, versus other frequencies and voltages elsewhere in the world. 

On 10/30/2020 at 10:58 PM, YinTx said:

Still not passing the sniff test.  It was ok when they bought the kit, and were perhaps just "dating" but now since it comes to light they are married, it is somehow different?  Same number of people, only difference is marital status.  Not right at all.

YinTx

Unless it was a rookie employee scared to break paperwork rules stating family. 
But yeah, has to be more to the story.