guntechholsters

Dedicated wallet machine advice

Getting more into making wallets, would like advice on what machine would be best. 

Want to run 138 thread, bonus if I can use it to also make purses 

Thank you. 

I would recommend to look for a pfaff 335 or clone of or a 69 Adler. The small cylinder cap size come in very handy for the type of tight manoeuvring steps. The Adler 669 is very popular but a little high $$$$$ perhaps - https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/catalog/item-detail/669-180010/adler-669-cylinder-arm-sewing/pr_34772

The Techsew may suit as well - https://www.techsew.com/us/techsew-2600-narrow-cylinder-leather-industrial-sewing-machine.html

and there is one in the Cowboy range as well called the 7335

I can't say what is best but I know what I would buy and that's a Cobra class 18 flat bed machine. will run up to 207 so 138 would be no problem. 
A bag machine usually means a cylinder arm machine but not always. 

Flat bed is better than cylinder for wallet work?

Go for cylinder arm ..you'll want to make more then wallets at one point....any Juki 341 clone  will do just fine  

2 hours ago, guntechholsters said:

flat material, flat projects, flat bed. i.e. belts, straps, wallets and the like. 
Now if by wallet you also mean a ladies clutch well now that's a bag in my book a very small bag but still a bag and a cylinder arm class 26 would be a better choice. a work table can be had for them. 

3 hours ago, guntechholsters said:

Most of my wallets are not flat and I like to stitch them fully around....Same with most of my purses ...therefore my reason for preferring the small cylinder arms.:dunno:

IMGP6741_resize.jpg

DSC04609_resize.JPG

Rocky, what you are doing is exactly what I want to do. Right now I own a holster company which is what I've done for about a decade but I'm wanting to expand more into purses and wallets and clutches. Would it be okay if I added you on Facebook and picked your brain a little bit?

5 hours ago, guntechholsters said:

Rocky, what you are doing is exactly what I want to do. Right now I own a holster company which is what I've done for about a decade but I'm wanting to expand more into purses and wallets and clutches. Would it be okay if I added you on Facebook and picked your brain a little bit?

I am more than glad for you to pick my brain for whatever there is there left to be picked.;) You can do that here or through pm on here if you like but I don't do the Facebook stuff myself. Maybe FB one day but most of my spare time and interest gets put into this LW site at present. I like that it gives help to many others all over the world and allows for other perspective and useful ideas to be considered at the same time as is shown above.

The only problem I have with Rock's posts, is I make should the wife is not looking over my shoulder when I look at his photo's.

The last time she saw one, all I heard for a week is what  she want to in the photo.

Mate you need to warn me when you post the photos of your products, thankfully you are in Qld  and I'm in Vic.

Bert.

11 minutes ago, Bert51 said:

The only problem I have with Rock's posts, is I make should the wife is not looking over my shoulder when I look at his photo's.

The last time she saw one, all I heard for a week is what  she want to in the photo.

Mate you need to warn me when you post the photos of your products, thankfully you are in Qld  and I'm in Vic.

Bert.

Ha Ha...... best she doesn't see that link down the bottom here to my "Wild Harry" web site then A? ;)

Oh yeah, she has.

That's I'm pleased your in Qld.:clapping::clapping:

The down side is we're looking dragging the caravan up your way in a winter or two.

Bert.