Sign in to follow this  
ke6cvh

Juki ddl-415 needle feed machines

Hello group,

I have an opportunity to get 20 pieces (actually the best 20 out of 40 pieces) of Juki ddl-415.  The bushings and most generic parts like hooks etc are available.  The part of concern is the needle bar frame.  I can see generic needle bar frames for Juki lu-563 but can't yet find these.  The opportunity is 200 dollars a head with slightly more added for my engineer friend to overhaul them (if we can find the needle bar frame if any machines need them).  We are trying to figure out if any other machines take the same needle bar frame.

These machines will be an excellent compliment to the 16 pieces of Singer 212 (needle feed sub class) double needle machines we recently got.

Best regards,

Mike

Hello group, 

My friend is telling me the needle bar frame is one of the more difficult units to wear out.  He said the following "The needle bar frame of Juki double needle and dln series for single needle feed are the same..5410 is also" .  Maybe the case is these parts are the same but Juki gave them a different part numbrer?  If I invest in 20 of these machines for production and potentially others at even lower cost (of the 40 machines) for parts source it is paramount to verify the interchangeability of these parts for upkeep.

Best regards,

Mike

Hello group, 

OK I am learning on the 415.  It is similar to the 5410 but the 415 had issues with too much oil splashing on the needle bar.  The "fix" on the 5410 was a rubber gasket that kept it from excessively splashing on the needle bar.  Something like this may be fabricated locally.  Later versions did away with this system completely as the oil pump required high RPM.  It seems the needle bar frame is the same from initial inquiries.

At this point I made the post to share the information discovered in case someone does a search for the DLN-415.  DLN-415 is supposed to be a very rugged machine like the first generation 555 Juki machines.  

We will pursue acquiring these machines.

Best regards,

Mike

Hello group,

My contact found a dealer that is selling fabricated needle bar frame for 5410 and 415 for 40 dollars.  Others cost 100 and same essentially.  The 5410 and 415 are both alloy whereas the newer NBF on the Juki 9010 is a better design with bushings but not interchangeable.  Since we will be getting many of these 415's on line he will get NBF's fabricated with bushings similar to the 9010 design but to fit the 415's.  These machines were used for light duty but will work just fine on canvas and denim with change out on feed dog/presser foot/needle plate to heavy duty version. 

Best regards,

Mike

I´m not sure what your intension is - do you want to sell them to overseas customers - you are talking about 20 machine heads...? Or start a sewing business? If you want to sell them keep in mind that shipping + proper packaging + import tax + custom fees (depending on country) will probably make the these machines rather unattractive for an overseas customer. If you sell the head for $200 the customer may end up at $350 - $400 and that is not really a goo deal considering the shipping risk and the fact that these are old machines in unknown condition.

Hi Constabulary, 

Sorry for the late reply.  No...my plan is to hoard them and use them for our sewing biz here.  Can't go wrong with a needle feed Juki is my take on it if used within it's intended range of uses.  We have already built 22 tables and will be building more.  We have 18 pieces of Singer 212u that I got from the same source and needed extensive rebuild.  Tables are using commercially available tops out of China with the formica that has the ruler printed on it.  Base is 1.5mm thick plus galvanized square tubing full weld with stainless electrode and what they call "checker plate" 1.5 mm stainless sheet metal.  It is basically a stamped sheet metal that looks like diamond plate but can be bought for around 120 dollars for a 4ft x 8ft piece.  We make our own foot pedals out of same checker plate (stamped diamond plate) with solid stainless small round bar and flat bar for the other portions.  Epoxy primer and epoxy top coat (creme color) and it looks incredible.  We got delivery of the first 9 of the 212u's and they are working on the other half which also includes a single 312u (more heavy duty I was told).  The thing on these 415's is the wicking was all dried up.  To replace my friend made a long drill bit by welding an existing to a piece of rod.  Video looked like a dentist doing a root canal but it worked really well as can be seen with the dried out chunks of solid wicking coming out.  Replaced all the hooks on the 415's as well.  Due to higher cost he put regular high speed Juki hooks in.  I've not tried it under heavy production yet but the gent who did the install and adjustment reports zero issues (and lots of money saved).  

Best regards,

Mike