YinTx

site certificate expired?

1 hour ago, Vikefan said:

Same issue a few days ago, and again today.  Expired Cert...

Still being worked on to resolve.

Tom

Looks like more than just an expired cert. When I try to access the site via my smartphone, it tells me that my phone's clock is wrong and unless I sync it with the site clock, I cannot enter the site. That never happened before and started the same day that the expired cert warning started showing up on my computer.

Rob

Happily it looks like the issue might be resolved.  I just clicked and here it is, no wants or warrants, just LW, alive and well.

God bless

If you set a permanent security cert exception, then all logins go right through with no warning.  I'm still seeing it this morning. 

13 hours ago, Snakeoil said:

my phone's clock is wrong and unless I sync it with the site clock

This is all part of the same problem.

Tom

Just logged out and logged back in and it worked fine. But tried my phone and still an issue with the clock sync.

Still have the problem in my end of the planet... hope this would be fixed the soonest.

yep still getting the same problem here in the UK

I have straight-in access. No problems. The site is marked as 'Not Secure' in the address bar though

Might I suggest that you all clear your cache then try access again

Fred ..If you have "made an exception"..you will get straight in and find the site marked as "not secure"....it is not a question of browser cache..If you marked that "make an exception" as "permanent"..Some browsers just "blow straight past" the "make a permanent exception" or "make a temporary exception" screen ( they do not give you a choice about temporary of permanent, they just default to permanent..very bad for overall security )..others do not. "Temporary" means for "current browser session"..you'll see "not secure" but be able to browse the site without getting additional warnings..until you shut the browser, and restart it..or shut the machine and restart it..then you'll get the cert warnings again .."permanent" means even if you switch the computer off and back on again, you'll get straight in, but you'll still see "not secure" in the address bar..

Edited by mikesc

18 minutes ago, mikesc said:

Fred ..If you have "made an exception"..you will get straight in and find the site marked as "not secure"....it is not a question of browser cache..If you marked that "make an exception" as "permanent".

I did not make an exception as I don't know how to. I cleared my cache and cookies and I got  straight in without that blocking message that I got at first a few days ago.

edited to add. My laptop has been shut down and restarted several times over the last lot of days, and the browser shut down even more times,  and every time I restart and relaunch the browser I get straight in to this forum

Edited by fredk

You must have made an exception ( albeit that you may not have realised that was what you were doing..not all browsers use the word "exception" ) ..that message about the cert cert is neither cache dependent, nor cookie dependent..I have restarted this browser ( in which I only ever make temporary exceptions ) at least 10 times since the cert expired..and have restarted this machine 3 times since..the latest time was about three hours ago..( RAM use went to 97% so I "hard killed" the user session by hitting the power button without logging out..On machine and browser restart I got ( as expected ) "Firefox has blocked access to this site due to a problem with it's security certificate"..clicking "advanced" tells me that the "cert expired and the date upon which it expired ..and asks me if I want to make an exception..unfortunately even Firefox has "make this exception permanent" pre ticked, so it has to be un-ticked to proceed and get into the site.

I believe that both Chrome ( on Linux, and Win(x) and MS Edge ( on Win (x) just ask "do you want to continue" or something similar ( maybe "do you trust this site" ) ..and if you click yes..then they add an exception..( without saying that is what they are doing ) and they make it permanent..Which means that it persists across browser sessions and shut downs..So you see what you are seeing. :)

I'm running FF on linux on three computers which get the same result on connecting to here ( different versions of linux on each, and different versions of Firefox..two of them also use un googly "chromium" as a browser )..I have 12 computers in all..But the 3 win 7 machines in my "park" are not connected to the internet ...because life is too short :)

In the red banner that Johanna put up at the top of each page a few days ago it says..
"

We are working on the problem and expect to have it resolved soon. The site is not insecure. You can safely click past any security warnings.

To get past the warnings in the 3 major browsers, proceed as follows...

If you browse with Microsoft Edge, click on "Details" then on "Go on to the webpage."

If you browse with Google Chrome, click on ADVANCED, then on "Click to proceed to (the webpage listed)."

In Firefox, click on the Advanced button, then scroll down and click on "Accept the risk and continue."

What you see in Firefox depends on the version that you are using..( mine do not say "accept the risk and continue" ) But..You must have done one of those actions in one of those browsers at some point, possibly before Johanna put that message up..each of those actions in effect creates an "exception"..but it does not say that is what it is doing..

Browsers hide a lot of the things that they are doing "under the hood" behind non techy messages.."click" is one of them. :)

Edited by mikesc

The server admins are incompetent. I have reached out for help. I am very sorry and I do appreciate your patience and support. 

It should be fixed. Let me know if anyone is still having issues. 

Johanna,

Works fine now, THANK YOU and whomever  you hauled in to help.  How many  years is this good for now?

God bless

Working fine now here Many thanks

Thank you, again.

Lets get back to the PARTY,  :trumpet::banana:

I kept getting " your clock is ahead " ...danger danger  Will Robinson"  each time I went onto LW. 

What? my computer is from the future? :rofl: Its XP  for goodness sake !! (yeh yeh....have a  laugh !! ) 

Just kidding . But I was almost ready to pull my  poor ol' 'pooter' apart though . XP lives to see another day .   Take that Microsoft !!!!    :)

All good now , Thanks Johanna & all the peeps at LW.net   :thumbsup:

HS   

In the UK using Windows 10 and chrome, everything looks ok but still have "Not secure" showing before the domain, but no other problem

It works :)

Thanks @johanna!   It probably doesn't get said enough, but your efforts here are appreciated.  

For those that are confused by the "your clock is wrong" message - the reason for that is that it is the most common cause of certificate errors when the certificate is in fact valid.   Just something to keep in the back of your mind to check if that ever happens with other sites.  

- Bill

I just got a warning from Firefox (78.0.1) while opening LW.net. I think other users will experience this too.

Warning on my end is of course in German language

Seems the LW.net site is not supporting the current standard TLS 1.2

I had to reactivate TLS 1.1 to access this site.

Just wanted to have it mentioned.

image.png.2b1b01112a4704cf18ecce5ef730e059.png

getting a site not secure problem today ( NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION)  Some pictures wont open. Every time i click on something i get the message and have to override the warning.  i can still get on obviously but its jacked up a bit.