Evo160K

website's security certificate

Managers, for what it's worth:

As it turned out, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer both blocked me from Leatherworker.net a number of times today.  The pop-up messages (from unidentified sources) mentioned the connection wasn't safe or the website's security certificate was not up to date.

My internet provider showed me how to click on the message, which I was not about to do on my own, and get to the website.

My Norton told me the same thing (security certificate out-of-date), I just told it the site was ok.

Dikman, that was my first thought, but for some reason being a "trusted Site" didn't work.  Does the website's certificate need to be updated?

3 minutes ago, Evo160K said:

Dikman, that was my first thought, but for some reason being a "trusted Site" didn't work.  Does the website's certificate need to be updated?

Yes and it was supposed to be automatically updated, but wasn't. The owner of the forum is working on getting a new SSL certificate. Once this happens it will take a while for the changes to propagate across the Web.

I am closing this topic here. It is being discussed in the Administrative area of the forum.

Suffice it to say this expired certificate does not present an actual threat to anybody. It was a technical problem that caused a failure to automatically update the certificate.

We hope to have the problem resolved very soon. I will be writing a tutorial to help people get past their browser warnings as soon as I have some free time.