Sign in to follow this  
Bawarrior

The Willow hoop

After doing one hoop, decided it does make nice wall art. So I did another as a gift my brother the fisherman.

20200227_201801_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Indeed it does..excellent. :)

Very nice work! The only thing I would have done differently would be to have used some type of rawhide colored sinew material for the lacing. It's only my opinion but I think the white strip takes away from your excellent art work.

Thank you. I do agree the rawhide was not the best choice. But I have it and wanted to us. Hoping with time it darkens

Try staining it with Coffee or Tea..don't take the thing apart, just put coffee or tea  onto some cotton cloth and wipe it onto the cords..bear in mind they would initially be paler where they "strain" around the willow..but eventually would stain darker there due to interaction with the chemicals in the wood..You should be able to "antique" it pretty well if you go carefully..You could also use dilute dye..or thinned oil paint..thinner / more dilute is better, easier to add more than to remove colour..A little dilute dye dissolved in sealer will be pretty permanent..If you want to add "age dust", your vacuum cleaner bag is your friend..add some to the cords just after you coat them with sealer, and before it dries.

Thanks for all the good info my friend, I be doing something and will post finished piece

1 hour ago, Bawarrior said:

Thanks for all the good info my friend, I be doing something and will post finished piece

did you get my message?