DavidMillsSaddlery

Ferdco SuperBull

Who can tell us what Ferdco  to their version of the 441 by Juki that makes it different than everybody else’s? I’m interested in buying one, and want to know what they have tweaked… I do believe they’re rated for 7/8” inch sewing thickness, but what else have they done?

Edited by turbotexas

I don't know if they did anything to it.BUT checkout what they did to a Seiko.Not only does it have 13/16" lift it also has square feed.

Ferdco High Lift.JPG

Ferdco Square Feed.JPG

8 hours ago, turbotexas said:

Who can tell us what Ferdco  to their version of the 441 by Juki that makes it different than everybody else’s? I’m interested in buying one, and want to know what they have tweaked… I do believe they’re rated for 7/8” inch sewing thickness, but what else have they done?

Please see: 

5 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

I don't know if they did anything to it.BUT checkout what they did to a Seiko.Not only does it have 13/16" lift it also has square feed.

Ferdco High Lift.JPG

Ferdco Square Feed.JPG

Wow Bob, that looks great! 

23 hours ago, turbotexas said:

Mine came with a thread post top center and a lube pot before it gets threaded to the first tension disc. As far as it differs from my Cobra, there is much of a difference. Surprisingly, I enjoy sewing more with the ferdco than the cobra.. I chalk it up to ive been using it for years and the cobra is newer, so I feel like im just used to its quirks.

On 3/1/2020 at 8:00 AM, JerseyFirefighter said:

Mine came with a thread post top center and a lube pot before it gets threaded to the first tension disc. As far as it differs from my Cobra, there is much of a difference. Surprisingly, I enjoy sewing more with the ferdco than the cobra.. I chalk it up to ive been using it for years and the cobra is newer, so I feel like im just used to its quirks.

That’s good to hear...

On 2/29/2020 at 12:30 PM, CowboyBob said:

Ferdco High Lift.JPG

Ferdco Square Feed.JPG

Do they make a stirrup plate and holster plate for these Seiko’s?

Ferdco is the only one that ever had them & they closed up approx. 10 yrs ago

10 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Ferdco is the only one that ever had them & they closed up approx. 10 yrs ago

I wonder if one could modify one from the 441 group? 

On 2/29/2020 at 6:45 AM, turbotexas said:

I have ferdco pro 2000, I'm not sure how it compares to the 441 (i know its a clone and supposed to be a good one) but if you want any pics let me know happy to help out.

Edited by aaronthearcher
update