tearghost

Techsew 5100se

I'm new at using sewing machines and I have a Techsew 5100se and my bobbin thread keeps on bird nest on me, I've tried adjusting my top thread tension and it doesn't help. Can anyone help me solve this issue?.

Check these things first.

1. Are you holding back the starting threads, or at least the top thread for a few stitches? If not, expect tangles underneath in the shuttle.
  2. Is the top thread staying centered inside the top tension disks? If not, wrap it around the top post upper and lower inline holes counterclockwise.
  3. Is the thread going around the bottom roller 1.5x and then coming up through the round thread guide, then through the hole in the check spring, then up to the take-up lever, etc?
  4. Make sure the bobbin tension isn't too tight and make sure the thread feeds through the bobbin tension spring without binding. A poorly wound bobbin could unwind or cross wind inside the bobbin case and cause thread to bundle up on the bottom of the work.
  5. Insert the bobbin in the case so it feeds clockwise.

Thank you for all the advice I really appreciate it. I figured out the issue it was my dumb mistake, I forgot to pull the bobbin thread thru the notch in the bobbin housing.

I'm new to using sewing machines and I don't know anyone that uses sewing machines. Would you mind if I picked your brain when I have issues?.

Another thing I'm having trouble with is my machine has 2 tension disks for the top thread and what I'm asking is do I have to adjust them both the same or can I adjust just one to tighten or loosen my top tension?.

Do you know of any websites or videos I can watch to learn how to use industrial sewing machines free or even paid for. Cause I also have a Jack sewing machine that I got for light weight leather. 

Thank you so much for your help

There is a wealth of information about sewing machines on here and youtube is a good source of videos.

YouTube is by far your best friend, a massive number of video's on all models of sewing machines

Many machines are clones of other machines so if yours is not shown go to google images and see if you can find a similar machine photo and then Youtube that model. Try Juki models first as they are one of the largest

See 

Edited by chrisash

The 5100 is a Juki 441 clone, same as a Cobra 4 and Cowboy 4500. If you search youtube for those machines you should find quite a few videos which will be relevant to your machine.