Sign in to follow this  
TaylorM

Thread Issues - Cobra Class 26

Can anyone explain why this is happening? This is after I was sewing a piece and then removed it and cut the lines. I was using different color threads so I know it’s not an issue with the bobbin, but rather the thread through the needle. It also breaks every once in awhile as I'm stitching. This is my first machine and I’m still trying to figure it out. Thanks. 

7D3CF485-3A11-4916-B448-F53BCB043E2F.jpeg

E3C6FB47-1CEF-410B-ADB0-F87D48BBAB25.jpeg

Edited by TaylorM

Have you been holding back the starting threads for 2 or 3 stitches? If not, the top thread will get double pulled around the bobbin case like you see in your photo. CLear the jammed thread, oil the race that the bobbin case revolves in, then hold back the starting threads each time you commence sewing.

Also, the position og the lifting tab on the bobbin case is not standard. Check to ensure that the little tab on the bobbin case is positioned inside the cutout in the throat plate. If the bobbin case itself revolves, there will be trouble.

15 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

Have you been holding back the starting threads for 2 or 3 stitches? If not, the top thread will get double pulled around the bobbin case like you see in your photo. CLear the jammed thread, oil the race that the bobbin case revolves in, then hold back the starting threads each time you commence sewing.

Also, the position og the lifting tab on the bobbin case is not standard. Check to ensure that the little tab on the bobbin case is positioned inside the cutout in the throat plate. If the bobbin case itself revolves, there will be trouble.

I have held tension in the starting threads every time, That is why I am not sure why it continues to do this. I can confirm that the bobbin case itself does not revolve. What makes it even more confusing is that sometimes it stops happening but I do not think I am doing anything differently.

Edited by TaylorM

Taylor, Most of the time when that happens it is because you are not bringing the needle all the way up after finishing the last stitch. Just rotate your hand wheel so the needle is all the way up before trying to remove your work from the machine.

2 minutes ago, Mark842 said:

Taylor, Most of the time when that happens it is because you are not bringing the needle all the way up after finishing the last stitch. Just rotate your hand wheel so the needle is all the way up before trying to remove your work from the machine.

Wow, and it’s as easy as that. Thank you so much!

Just now, TaylorM said:

Wow, and it’s as easy as that. Thank you so much!

Ask me what made me think it may be that...we have all had our first machine once. I remember doing the same exact thing. Of note is a Facebook page called Tips and Tricks with Cobra Class Leather Working Equipment. Two guys moderate it, Al Bane and Bruce Brand. They both not only know more about sewing machines than most but they have the bat phone to Steve at the Leather Machine Co. It is a fantastic resource. The few problems I have had over the years with my Cobra machines (all caused by me) they talked me through and had me up and running quickly. Usually you will have a response to any issue in minutes and Al will often have you call him so he can work through the problem with you on the phone.

33 minutes ago, Mark842 said:

Of note is a Facebook page called Tips and Tricks with Cobra Class Leather Working Equipment.

This is great help, I really appreciate it!