I very recently acquired this brand new, I've been having a few issues but I've been trying to work through oh, here's where I'm at right now.

I went back to basics, started all over and reset all tensions.
Running straight it looks good, the knots a little towards the back but not exposed so no big deal.
Still getting the knot pull through on turns though.

I'm starting to think there is something wrong somewhere, perhaps a burr (although I looked and saw nothing anywhere). It seems when I make a turn, the tension on top increases or on bottom decreases.
I've rechecked to make sure my string is strung properly, I inspected for burrs, I'm at a complete loss.

Unless someone has some idea that I haven't tried, I know not what to do to fix this. I have several wallets I need to get done that are piling up, back to hand sewing for awhile it seems..lol..

Screenshot_20200308-160956_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200308-160940_Gallery.jpg

I am suspicious that when you are doing the turns you are lifting the feet too high. This separates the tension discs and the top thread goes loose and allows more to come back up on the following stitch. Check if the discs separate too early for you and if you cant work around it with adjustments then you may need to do some cutting and grinding.

I've discovered something else I've been stitching

Where the knot is within the leather is actually shifting.

A couple stitches it could be perfect then the knot will suddenly move towards the back side of the leather and then it'll come back towards the top of the leather. I won't touch anything it'll just walk on its own it seems

2 hours ago, guntechholsters said:

I've discovered something else I've been stitching

Where the knot is within the leather is actually shifting.

A couple stitches it could be perfect then the knot will suddenly move towards the back side of the leather and then it'll come back towards the top of the leather. I won't touch anything it'll just walk on its own it seems

Your bobbin winding may not be uniform enough. When it winds on it is important that the thread does not get buried in places as that will increase the pressure on and off as it gets pulled out. Other thing is that as the thread feeds of the cone the cone should be positioned to not be angled and have a fair distance to relax before going through any holes. Some threads can be very springy and give tension problems due to the intermittent snagging as it feeds it way to the needle.

You did not say what needle size, needle tip and thread size you are using. Just from looking at the pictures and since almost all knots are flat on the bottom side I would suggest you try a needle 1 size larger or the bottom thread 1 size smaller. Or maybe reduce the bottom tension. Maybe you need a heavier beehive spring in your tension unit.

Is the thread coming off the spool evenly?

If it's coming off unevenly, it could be one of the symptoms you have, sadly several things can  cause this.

Bert.

You may think it's threaded right but the path all the way from the cone to the needle matters. As above cone directly below first guide, through the right guide holes in the right path before the tension disks, etc. Needle size may also be the issue as mentioned. 

This issue has been resolved.He brought it back to us & since he had a Ferdco 440 for some unknown reason he thought the top tension should be as tight as the Ferdco .So we adjusted the top tension (loosened it a lot) for him & he sewed on a lot of leather & was so happy he bought a CB3200 for his holsters.