Constabulary

Ebay - YOUR personal data they share (and sell I guess)

Just found this site randomly (you have to log in of course):

https://www.ebay.com/gdpr

Site speaks for it self. But it´s of course up to you what you want to share or not. I opted out all of them now.

Edited by Constabulary

I already had Facebook and Google on my radar, but now it looks like I need to add ebay.

I signed out of Facebook a few years back and I no long use Google for searches, they only try to sell you stuff.

Thanks Constabuary.

Bert.

I’d toss something out before I’d sell it on eBay. 

Well, I´m on Ebay since... for ever... and never had really serious problems. A few smaller problems yes but nothing that really hurt me. They take money, yes, but that's business, right? So I´m not bashing Ebay here. I just wanted to give a hint regarding personal data settings which were unknown to me.

I would guess Amazon is even worse - I almost never buy anything on amazon but that's another story.

Not saying anything, but I need to be aware that they are in the same group I have Facebook and Google in and for that I say thank you.

Been on the net since the mid 80's and I learn something new nearly every day.

Bert.

Just figured (at least on my end) I once set all to NO and now checking back they are all set on YES again! Interesting!

Interesting. Thanks for this link, I just turned it all off as well. Hard to make sense of the Facebook statement at the top of the page - basically that they don’t list Facebook specifically but still share with fb unless everything is turned off?

Sadly, I do not have any trust in them, any more.

Bert.

wow whoda thunk it, ya mean they are in it for the money and control  and not for our benefit? gee I thought all this tracking stuff was just to help me out. Ebay is just the tip of the iceberg.